Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

When it goes bad

Ok so all of a sudden your matching goes south. I mean the word struggle is an understatement. What can I do to recover?

What follows are things Hat would ask me in no particular order ok? See if some of them provide answers or possible clues for YOU:

1) Have you been playing too much? Night and day or every day? It's too much Rich you need to get away from it. Plus it is very lonely when you are doing it right. That is how it has to be.

2) When are you working races Rich? When were you working the races when you were going good? Have times changed? If yes WHY?

3) Are you able to FOCUS properly and quiet your mind? Are there distractions (mental, physical, family problems ,health etc) keeping you from peaceful thoughts?

Not one of the things listed above has anything to do with the matching up of a horse. Not one.

Do NOT be tempted to work your way out of it by working on your matching techniques. Using Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's Matchup Concepts the TRUE answer lies elsewhere.
==================================================

To turn things around the quiet mind and quiet surroundings MUST be present come matching time. Period. This allows pattern recognition and the ability to have your Mind's Eye (that little voice inside that speaks to us) alert you to both good and bad things it is "seeing".

Very simple to say yet extremely difficult at times to make happen.

Let me share with you an exercise Hat gave to me. It is effective and deals most importantly with quieting the mind and then some positive reinforced matching techniques.