Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

23 Potential O.T.E. races/ Monday 1/19

Here are 23 races for Monday 1/19.

If you are working the track/race listed and YOU determine that at least THREE of the listed runners need the lead OR win from second position strongly consider tossing them as the race goes O.T.E. This is if THREE runners listed actually race.

I have NOT looked at the races but this is my starting point and it is solid. Identify 3 "E" runners. toss em from reads, wait for price in top 2 Bl/Bl. Use the ENTIRE pps for the remaining O.T.E. runners

Best of luck

1) Aqu 3rd - 5-2-1
2) Aqu 4th - 2-1-3
3) Aqu 5th - 2-3-3x-8
4) Beu 7th - 5-6-9
5) Beu 8th - 1-2-8-5
6) Fg 3rd - 4-2-3
7) Fg 9th - 5-3-4-8
8) Gg4th - 6-3-4-5
9) Lrl 4th - 4-1a-5-2x-8
10) Lrl 6th - 1-5-3
11) Mnr 1st - 9-5-10-3
12) Op 2nd - 6-3-2-7
13) Op 7th - 6-3-9
14) Op 9th - 10-1-7
15) Pm 7th - 7-9-5
16) Pm 9th - 3-2-5
17) Sa 3rd - 4-1-6-8
18) Sa 7th - 8-6-1
19) Tp 4th - 6-1-3-4-5
20) Tp 5th - 1-6-2
21) Tp 8th - 8-7-9
22) Tp 9th - 7-5-1-4
23) Tup 3rd - 7-6-1
Old 01-19-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Tim Y
turf historian

It has been my experience over the last 24 years of following the methodology that predictions BEFORE scratches are chock full of error since you have NO IDEA what the final match up will or might be due to significant erosion of the match up structure.

A single scratch, or bump (Eternal Prince in Spend A Buck's Derby) can change the entire complexion of a race.

Also the mechanical approach (find three E horses then scratch them) can never equate to the rational evaluation of each race as the separate entity it is. I am reminded of Pizzolla
warning in Pace Makes the Race....."if you must resort to rules then you are dooming yourself to mere competence at best."

Last edited by Tim Y; 01-19-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
Tim Y
turf historian

p,158.....To those who must use a mechanical approach, I can tell you only that you are condemning yourself to mere competence at best. One of my favorite quotes is attributed to La Tzu, the compiler of the Tao Te-Ching. He said: :when the great way is lost, there arises codes of conduct and behavior."

The Tao is a great parallel philosophy to keep in mind when you approach this game. That work and The Way of Chuang Tzu as both worth a read.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
It has been my experience over the last 24 years of following the methodology that predictions BEFORE scratches are chock full of error since you have NO IDEA what the final match up will or might be due to significant erosion of the match up structure.
I agree 100% Tim.

MY races are valid if AFTER scratches and SELF determining that THREE or more E runners or wins from 2nd position actually race. That is why I referred to them as a "starting point." Tu Capeet?

ALL others I have ZERO interest in

Last edited by RichieP; 01-19-2009 at 01:14 AM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #5
Tanico
Grade 3

Richie ,, thanks for the starting pointers, some of my best days have come from OTE horses. The public generally will overlook them and that is what we need
Tanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
fasthorses
Grade 3

Quote:
I have NOT looked at the races but this is my starting point and it is solid.
Richie, thanks again for all you contribute to this site and to our collective educations.

I want to be sure I understand the point you are trying to make. By saying "I have NOT looked..." are you saying you haven't looked at the races at all or that you've looked at them just enough to know they have the potential to have 3 early horses but no more than that?

If you haven't looked at them at all, could you please share the criteria you used to select them?
fasthorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthorses View Post
I want to be sure I understand the point you are trying to make. By saying "I have NOT looked..." are you saying you haven't looked at the races at all or that you've looked at them just enough to know they have the potential to have 3 early horses but no more than that?

If you haven't looked at them at all, could you please share the criteria you used to select them?
Morning "FH"
I get an overview of races from a program a friend designed for me.Saves me HOURS of scanning cards and races.

It does NOTHING else except present me with a series of races every day along with a grouping of POTENTIAL early runners.

From these races I now examine the runners given me to find TRUE need to lead or "win from position 2" runners. Some will NOT be early horses and will be seen at first glance. Remember a computer can NEVER do fully what our MINDS can.

I wait for scratches,then look at whats left. From there I execute my game plan using RDSS.

Until then I do not look at any individual horses pps.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
fasthorses
Grade 3

Good approach. Thank you.
fasthorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1

Hi Rich

GREAT POST AND TOOL you just gave me/us when matching up..

I just got home 10 mins before Santa Anita's 7 Th race

even though the #1 was on your list..he did win from the 3 position in his PP's...and guess what he was sitting 3rd and pounced on the dueling front runners..

# 1 winner....$15.40

I'm betting the # 6 in Mountaineers first...even though its a crappy race..

thxs again!!

mike
Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #10
mikesal57
Grade 1

Mnr 1 was won by the #4..a router that like off tracks

the track was labeled ..good...the 6 was in the hunt but couldnt sustain bid..

next time

mike