Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Michael Pastore
AlwNW1X

Getting Started

How do you get the Trackmaster Software for the Sartin Methodology. What is the cost of the software?
Michael Pastore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pastore View Post
How do you get the Trackmaster Software for the Sartin Methodology. What is the cost of the software?
Hi Michael, and welcome.

Please read the Getting Started page, here: http://www.rdss2.com/how-to-obtain. It describes the cost of data and the RDSS software, and also provides links to video and printed educational materials. Pretty much the whole website is devoted to educating folks about the Sartin Methodology and Matchup ideas. Be sure to spend time reading as much as you can in the Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Forum.

Per that Getting Started page, just send me an email when you'd like to use RDSS.

BTW - RDSS is not really 'TrackMaster' software: it uses TrackMaster as a data source, and is promoted there. But it evolved through decades of work by Howard Sartin and others, including myself and many others at this website.

Any other questions about making it work, just post here or send me an email.

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-13-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
davidku
AlwNW1X

I am new too but not from USA. Do you think Hong Kong or Singapore races able to use the software ?

Gonna download the software and look at what data needed.
davidku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Michael Pastore
AlwNW1X

I am afraid you are asking the wrong man. I am just exploring the idea at this time. Sorry Mike
Michael Pastore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
Appy
Grade 1

David, the software will work just fine IF you can get PP files for Hong Kong and/or Singapore from Trackmaster.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidku View Post
I am new too but not from USA. Do you think Hong Kong or Singapore races able to use the software ?

Gonna download the software and look at what data needed.
Greetings David! RDSS only works with North American Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse races. TrackMaster, our data provider, does not provide data for Hong Kong or Singapore racing. RDSS won't work with the data provided by the Hong Kong Jockey Club. One of my dreams is to adapt RDSS to work with those data files for Hong Kong - not in 2014 though. I have samples of the data files and someone in Australia to hold my hand with them, and a good idea about what to do. Just no time right now.

I do believe that this year in North America we'll finally be able to wager in co-mingled pools for Hong Kong racing (though the time of day is a bit awkward). This availability will be important for some of the 'high rollers' in North America. I'm not sure about Singapore.

Some folks in Philippines and Australia work North American thoroughbred racing using RDSS, so you should also be able to, if that interests you.

I recall that some years ago, using the Matchup and incremental velocity calculations, at least one individual used to report in to Dr Sartin about his work in Hong Kong using Methodology concepts. It's somewhere in the older Follow Up journals. If I can find a reference about that, I'll post it here.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #7
davidku
AlwNW1X

If the data file required by RDSS are readable, I can write some codes to translate data from Hong Kong and Singapore to the format required. So, the software able to load it.

Tried getting the data for review but no access
http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9093

I just started about pace handicapping and all the while I just look at ratings. It seems fun and I want to learn more and ended up in this forum and I am a NewPace customer too.

Great to see such an active community.

Last edited by davidku; 01-15-2014 at 10:58 PM.
davidku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #8
CaptDon100
Grade 2

RDSS works with Quarter Horse racing?
CaptDon100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDon100 View Post
RDSS works with Quarter Horse racing?
OK, maybe it doesn't work consistently with QH racing ... One RDSS user is quite enthusiastic about how it works with Quarter Horses, but I'll let him speak up if he wants to. I check from time to time (HIA, RUI, LA, SUN, AJX, etc) and besides not having any internal sectional times or final time Adjusted Speed Ratings, not all PPs are represented all the time. I've never qiven QH racing the quality assurance check I would for thoroughbred racing.

However, a combination of Class Rating (CR), TrackMaster Speed Ratings and tote board seems to often point to profitable wagering opportunities (according to one player, at least).

Maybe right after (or before) we get Hong Kong racing going, we'll get QH races up as well (i.e. not this year ...)

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidku View Post
If the data file required by RDSS are readable, I can write some codes to translate data from Hong Kong and Singapore to the format required. So, the software able to load it.

Tried getting the data for review but no access
http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9093

I just started about pace handicapping and all the while I just look at ratings. It seems fun and I want to learn more and ended up in this forum and I am a NewPace customer too.

Great to see such an active community.
David,

I set you up for RDSS and NewPace and sent you emails to get you started. I'll send you a separate email about your data conversion project re Hong Kong & Singapore racing data.

Ted

R
DSS -