Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 01-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #21
RichieP
Grade 1

Adjusted

The BL/Bl screen
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #22
Lefty
Grade 1

Richie, don't understand your answer to me. You're presenting the race. You are familiar with the software; I don't have it. Last time you presented a race you prewsented a race you also presented your conclusion as who you would bet.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #23
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Richie, don't understand your answer to me. You're presenting the race. You are familiar with the software; I don't have it. Last time you presented a race you prewsented a race you also presented your conclusion as who you would bet.
Lefty,

I just checked and Spec160 will get you the same numbers, so you could try it there. I'll let Richie respond to your question, but for me, I note that all 3 of his contenders are rated at EVEN odds (1/1) on BL/BL, meaning presumably they have equal chances. If I arrived at the same contenders, either I would find it too contentious and pass, or seek the best overlay(s). Seems the #7 at 9/5 ML is pretty accurately priced and perhaps not such a bargain.

For me, I generally take Richies presentations here as a discussion in Match Up application and an insight into his contender selection process, perhaps more so than wagering tactics.

Just MHO,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-30-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #24
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Chuck
I do NOT make selections on this board outside of the contests that are held here. Those I participate in fully.

This is NOT the selections area. I am trying to post races worked my way to demonstrate some screens and things Ted is working on ok? That is ALL.

What folks do or do not do with them is all good.

Sorry if I confused you by my previous answer

hope all is well out your way
Richie
Old 01-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #25
Cellarfunk
Grade 3

Take it all in...

Lefty-

"Listen" to what Richie is saying. He is not here giving out free picks, he is trying to teach concepts/methods. In this particular race, he has said "look at the lines used" and also, this sets up to be run "other than early". With the contenders as he has them, which runner does that seem to point too? I think this is one of those races that has "been run a thousand times, just the numbers and names are different"!

Thanks Richie for all the great info and lessons. Things are slowly coming together.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #26
tompkins
Grade 1

how can one leave out the rail horse from consideration here?? ran vs. top pace...it is unlike me to like them this far back, but this trend of improvement is there.
Attached Images

Last edited by tompkins; 01-30-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #27
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellarfunk View Post
Lefty-

"Listen" to what Richie is saying. He is not here giving out free picks, he is trying to teach concepts/methods. In this particular race, he has said "look at the lines used" and also, this sets up to be run "other than early". With the contenders as he has them, which runner does that seem to point too? I think this is one of those races that has "been run a thousand times, just the numbers and names are different"!

Thanks Richie for all the great info and lessons. Things are slowly coming together.
"CFunk"

fwiw I took a win bet on the #2 and tear it up. That was my horse.

The # 1 is the winner with the #6 placing.

I will post the result screen when it is up

Richie
Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #28
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompkins View Post
how can one leave out the rail horse from consideration here?? ran vs. top pace...it is unlike me to like them this far back, but this trend of improvement is there.
good call
Old 01-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #29
RichieP
Grade 1

Result

here is the result
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #30
RichieP
Grade 1

Fairness to RDSS

I am putting back in the paceline I originally used for the 1 horse ok? That seems the fair thign to do for folks who do not do things this strange way I do

here is the Tpr screen
Attached Images