Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 06-21-2015, 01:18 AM   #1
lonestarracefan
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarracefan
06-20-15 lsp race 3

Nice hit at LSP today
I played #1 to Win and 1, 2, 6 Exacta Box
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarracefan View Post
Nice hit at LSP today
I played #1 to Win and 1, 2, 6 Exacta Box
Hi Joe (aka LSRF), I'm so happy that you hit lsp race 3 on Sat. 06-20-15.
Can you give us an input on how you decided to play #1 Mail the papers, with
#2 and #6 Exacta box.

Thank you.

DSL
DocSartinLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
Latekick
Grade 1

Great job on that race. I think you played the race perfectly with the lines that YOU selected, i tend to stay away from off track lines but hey if it works for you at LS then you keep doing what you are doing, just make sure at other tracks you play you keep track if using off track lines will affect your picks because sometimes off track lines can be aberrant performances and lower the tier rankings of the horses that deserve to be at the top off of there fast track performance. Anyway great job in this race. You had the winner as #1 VDC and #1 LPR, so using an exacta with the best ranked EPR horses was a great strategy ad it payed off. Keep on posting your winnings from LS. That track is my nemesis so i always enjoy seeing people win from there.
Good luck
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

very well spoken

thank you, joe (aka lsrf) for giving out the good news.
thank you, Latekick. very well spoken. we all know that handicapping and picking winners is not easy. So, showing a profit betting on horses can be tough. but, I enjoy too seeing joe (aka lsrf) win from here on!

good skills,

DSL
Old 06-23-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
lonestarracefan
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarracefan
Latekick,

Normally, I tend to stay away from off track lines too if that isn't the current condition of the track. Here in North Texas, we've had un-normally wet two months. I've missed on some races going back too far or missed a horse coming back into good form by not using an off-track line this meet. So, what I have been doing is comparing the off-track lines VS fast track line, if the off track line looks abnormal (either way), I toss it.
This meet Lone Star has an a ton of races that moved from Turf to Dirt and off track conditions.

DSL,

#1 horse was Top Ranked Horse on BL/BL Panel and the Segment Panel the move in F2 & TS+F3.
When I was playing LSP in 04-08, there might not have been a better speed favoring track in the US. The sub .22 and .44 early fractions were commonplace.
After some off-season training breakdowns, the new ownership changed type of dirt on the main track about 2.5 years ago. The main track is currently favoring Ps & SPs. Before, [in 04-08] barring an early pace breakdown, any horse that was 3.5-4+ lengths back @ the 2nd was an Non-contender on the Main Track. Armed with the new info, I'm looking for horses with #1's profile in the Segment panel, a 1, 1 even better in F2, TS+F3. Early Horses are still winning, usually E/EP type horses with tactical speed that can choke down early fractions

Last edited by lonestarracefan; 06-23-2015 at 11:22 AM.
lonestarracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #6
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

excellent skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarracefan View Post
Latekick,

Normally, I tend to stay away from off track lines too if that isn't the current condition of the track. Here in North Texas, we've had un-normally wet two months. I've missed on some races going back too far or missed a horse coming back into good form by not using an off-track line this meet. So, what I have been doing is comparing the off-track lines VS fast track line, if the off track line looks abnormal (either way), I toss it.
This meet Lone Star has an a ton of races that moved from Turf to Dirt and off track conditions.

DSL,

#1 horse was Top Ranked Horse on BL/BL Panel and the Segment Panel the move in F2 & TS+F3.
When I was playing LSP in 04-08, there might not have been a better speed favoring track in the US. The sub .22 and .44 early fractions were commonplace.
After some off-season training breakdowns, the new ownership changed type of dirt on the main track about 2.5 years ago. The main track is currently favoring Ps & SPs. Before, [in 04-08] barring an early pace breakdown, any horse that was 3.5-4+ lengths back @ the 2nd was an Non-contender on the Main Track. Armed with the new info, I'm looking for horses with #1's profile in the Segment panel, a 1, 1 even better in F2, TS+F3. Early Horses are still winning, usually E/EP type horses with tactical speed that can choke down early fractions
LSRF, thanks for your input of 06-20-15 lsp race 3.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #7
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

thanks, lsrf

lsrf - you are looking at all the various factors.
Just to mention some of the things that a handicapper can evaluate:

SPEED, PACE, CLASS, TRAINER, JOCKEY, WIN PERCENTAGE, EARNINGS, TRIP,
BIAS, BREEDING, WORKOUTS. These are some of the basic handicapping factors; with the custom google search, we can learn more about these factors in order for RDSS to be very effective in our evaluations.

Keep up the good work and good skills!!

DSL