Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 12-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #1
jms62
Grade 1

2009 Road to the Triple Crown

Starts Tonight with the 750 K Cashcall
Attached Images

jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Interesting. I came up with the same horses -- 7-5-1 -- using a completely different methodology. I think #5 Pioneer of the Nile has a slightly better chance to win, but the 8-1 morning line on #7 I Want Revenge makes that baby a better bet for me. Let's nail this race!
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
Interesting. I came up with the same horses -- 7-5-1 -- using a completely different methodology. I think #5 Pioneer of the Nile has a slightly better chance to win, but the 8-1 morning line on #7 I Want Revenge makes that baby a better bet for me. Let's nail this race!
We nailed it but missed a nice score by the length of a nose..
Old 12-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
We nailed it but missed a nice score by the length of a nose..
We need a horse bred by Jimmy Durante.

;>)
Attached Images

alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Tim Y
turf historian

Unless there is a "force of nature" in the wings at two
Unless those few mature properly
Unless none of them get hurt stretching out, AND
Unless there is not another force of nature yet hidden to us.

It is folly to try and make any sense of the three years going to the Derby until about the 2nd week of April.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
It is folly to try and make any sense of the three years going to the Derby until about the 2nd week of April.
Fine, great, thanks very much, we'll write that down. Meanwhile, on the darkest night of the year, the beginning of Winter, they run a horse race which is the kickoff to the joy of horseracing's Spring and biggest day. It's just a single race which happens to be for 2 year olds. Jim (JMS) follows this series of races every year if you have been paying attention, so why not lay off the lecture over the Holidays and continue to just enjoy the racing.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
Tim Y
turf historian

Hell I did not want to stymie conversation, but it has always been a bit irrelevant to the field that gets into that gate about 5:42 the first Saturday in May...No different than projecting the BCS winners in September, and just about as accurate...whereas a discussion in mid November can be predictive and rational.

Hoist the Flag, Success Express, Tom Rolfe, Mr Frisky, Snow Chief, Holy Bull, Favorite Trick, the French 2 y/o Breeder's Cup Champion, Houston, Tasso, the list is endless, Buddha, Cahill Road, Avatar, Rumbo, Forty Niner, Risen Star....many of these save a few had more press than possiblity and it ashamed that the public got duped on horses like Pyro, Tacit, Sweetnorthersaint, Stormello, NoBiz Like Showbiz, Scat Daddy, Bellamy Road, or Bob n' John.

Many of these screamed that the distance is too far (of never even got there) that first Saturday in May by their segmental velocity numbers but few listen.

no lecture simple fact

Last edited by Tim Y; 12-23-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
tom
Grade 1

It's the road to the triple crown.....enjoy the ride.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #9
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Unless there is a "force of nature" in the wings at two
Unless those few mature properly
Unless none of them get hurt stretching out, AND
Unless there is not another force of nature yet hidden to us.

Tim, as usual I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make. These races leading up to the Triple Crown are great betting races. If you think that the tools we use won't get us winners (and big prices at that) than by all means sit them out.. I however know otherwise.. For someone who always preachs about "no rules", you sure always seem to be applying them.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I think the point Tim is trying to make is: "you just can't tell who's gonna win next year's Kentucky Derby until closer to the race." Call it "Tim's axiom #1". And related to that is: "a lotta horses who try, will fail to win the Kentucky Derby" (see example names above - axiom #2?) Then there's "you can lead a horse to water...", "but you can't step in the same river twice", "fool me twice shame on me", and other pearls...

Meanwhile, in the Selections Forum, I imagine we're more focused on who's going to win the current race (and making good money from that), than who's going to win a race 4 months from now.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote