Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 07-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

1 Turn Routes vs 2 Turn Routes

I was going through the Matchup Forum last night, and I found an example race that Richie and Jim were teaching.

I don't remember exactly which thread, however, or else I would link to it here.

The race described was a 9f Route. The Hat disregarded a strong 8.5f Churchill Downs route paceline out because he said it was a 1 turn route (Which makes sense... going around 2 turns, a horse naturally will run slower).

If I was handicapping that race, I would've probably used the very fast paced 8.5f Churchill paceline, because I wouldn't have known any better.

My question is, is there a good chart that details the amount of turns each track/distance is. I found one last night... and here is the link.

I was still confused after looking at the chart, however, as it shows the 8.5f race as a 2 turn route. Obviously, this kind of thing became instinctive to The Hat through experience. Unfortunately, I don't have that experience, but that can still save me from making the same mistake.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Ryan.p.coli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

Here is the chart I explained.

http://helloracefans.com/handicappin...onfigurations/
Ryan.p.coli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
lsosa54
Grade 1

8.5f at CD is indeed 2 turns, on both dirt and turf.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote