Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
clavezza
AlwNW3X

Del Mar Visit last weekend Sunday 7/21

I had the chance last Sunday to make my first trip to Del Mar. What a beautiful place that track is. I did manage to cash a few tickets, and also cashed in their online handicapping tournament with the 4 horse ridden by Gary Stevens.

I was at the Stretch Grill area watching the races. With it being Family Fun Day, there were a lot of people there with kids and such. I did happen to scan the reserve seating area a few times looking for Bill V. and the RDSS cap but I didn't find him. I have had the pleasure in meeting Ted a few times in Vegas during Tournaments but I haven't met Bill V. yet. I am thinking about coming back to use RDSS again, and this time I hope to be more successful with it.

Christopher
Long Beach (off the 405 Freeway)
clavezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hey Chris! Good to hear from you again and glad to learn you've had some success at Del Mar. Hope you can connect with Bill V sometime soon.

FWIW, I plan on visiting San Diego and Del Mar the last 2 weeks of August, right after our thing in Saratoga. I've made some casual plans to attend the races but nothing firm yet, though I suppose it would be good if a group of us are planning on a weekend, to firm up some plans. I should know more in the next couple of days. Really looking forward to seeing Bill V, Bud Jones, Bill Lyster, So Cal Al, Mark N and others from Southern Cal, perhaps even Nevada.

Presuming I do make it to the track, we should definitely hook up! The last time we all got together (was it really 2010??) we had a blast; Marianna Sartin joined us as well.

Any questions about RDSS, just write me.

All the best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

Hi

Hello Christopher

I am sorry i missed you I still am drifting around the place looking
for a outlet (i'm so old school ) with my laptop

I was there Sunday I was real popular in my section when the 5 horse won
race 5 at 11/1

I let Ted down. I didn't wear the RDSS hat. I wore another gift Del Mar hat.
Got to keep my bald head covered

Bill V.
San Marcos Blvd
San Marcos Ca.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
clavezza
AlwNW3X

Ted,

When you visit, if it doesn't fall on same weekend that I have my child visitation, then I will make every effort to come visit again. As for RDSS, I am going through Government Furlough, so my paychecks have been reduced by 20% because of Congress and President impasse with the Defense Budget. So right now, I am sticking with paper DRF Form and a handy dandy pen to handicap the races. I hope to be back again with RDSS real soon. I like the additional stuff that you have been adding to it.

Christopher
clavezza is offline   Reply With Quote