Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
trotman
Grade 1

Un-Information

Just throwing this out for discussion. Who here really gets anything out of the rubbish DRF puts out. Beyers is not the be all, Watchmaker couldn't pick a winner in a 1 horse race, and do you really want to pay for Welch's clocker reports when this guy likes his drink and never saw a workout in his life. DRF then decides a pay only for this garbage as in their Plus. The fact of the matter is the so called experts are no more than a drip under pressure, and offer nothing that a little self hard work wouldn't accomplish.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Appy
Grade 1

Trotman raises his strike rate!
I sure remember the "old days" when DRF was the only thing I knew. Since they've gone full bore with exploitation on the monetization model I can't even remember my login.
Equibase and Trackmaster products, especially coupled with their gratis offerings, are the horseman's AND the handicapper's winning ticket.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
trotman
Grade 1

Appy,
I wonder just how many handicappers can possibly show an overall profit purchasing what really is nothing more than their idea's of how to pick a winner. I have a filter on my e-mail sending all these advertisers get rich quick tips or products right to spam and I do one dump in the evening. I want minimum 3-1 and nothing less so I'm not interested nor do I look for action, when I have everything going for me along with price then I'm in.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
joefour
AlwNW3X

Drf

In my experience with trying out their picks, one would get a better ROI by tossing darts at pictures of the entrants, or pin the tail on the thoroughbred?
joefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
trotman
Grade 1

Joefour,
Exactly, I can't understand those who would pay for picks or who in their right mind would purchase a system from those system mills that push out the greatest system ever every few weeks. Those who do not do the work will never reap the rewards. I have never altered my way of going about handicapping, sure I've added things along the way but the dots connect. The match-up and pace aberrations have worked for me for well over 40 years.