Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 06-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

Result Chart

Results
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #12
THE HAT
Grade 2

Great Job Rich,
Makes sense to me. I worked the race before reading your comments and
came up with the #5. I then read your comments and at first was afraid you
were gonna pick the # 7. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Jim
Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 AM   #13
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thumbs up How "the hat" works the race

How much of a difference did you work the race than Richie...in other words,was there anything, without gettin too advanced, that should be looked at that is glaringly clear or easy too spot to easily eliminate horses? In all your teachin, have you run across anyone that explains the MatchUp so well,because I've heard and read a few, and Richie seems to be, by far the best "interpreter" of the MatchUp to "english" that I've seen. Makes him "Tri-lingual.....from "okie" to "MatchUp" to "english". He explains "ONLY" what you teach, and doesnt "add" anything, unlike other would be matchup teachers. He seems to style his teachin like teachin "pre-schoolers", a MUCH needed position he fills.....small, simple portions to digest and practice. Hope he makes you proud. Great post Richie, please keep bringing it on, your insights into the MatchUp are tremendously appreciated and helps a whole lot. I sincerely hope the Hat keeps feeding you and grooming you along to MatchUp mastery. Thanks Mr. Bradshaw for the 5 step approach and your other post. If Richie keeps gettin better, gonna have to chip in to buy him a stetson "Hat", with an indian feather in the brim, of course.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #14
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Richie, I have a few lectures with "only the hat" on tape and some with example races to follow. But you're doin such a good job, I'm afraid of making copies and sending them to you,dont want to contaminate you with too many things and because I dont know if the Hat approves of the way he teaches then vs now.....plus, you notice his teachin style somewhat changes on the tapes. I would have to work on organizing a package , then send it to the Hat for approval of the teaching methods on tape. I wont send them without the hats approval. Though, I'm afraid that might not happen, since I have a few hours of him lecturing, and i dont know if he'll have the patience to listen to see what to send you and what not to send you. For instance, i have two MatchUp lectures from the PaceLine Manual, him going thru two different races, but maybe he doesnt teach like that anymore. Probably better for him to spoon feed you, personally, by hand, anyway, spend a few days in Tulsa. This forum, i think, is better than the tapes. On tape, he explains it so well and simple, too well, that unless you understand the substance,subtules,reason and principal root of such "simple" statements he makes, that you come away thinking you understand it, because how much more simply than it can be explained, you'll think, "it can't be anymore explanations",but there are. Still, listening to them is more entertaining than any Magician or Magic show in the past ,present or future. Throws horses out so fast, makes your head spin. Ask the hat.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #15
shoeless
Grade 1

If there was any way you could get those to Bill and he in turn could post them Im sure a lot of people would appreciate it.If there are any costs I would be more than happy to help out.Jeff
Old 07-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #16
admin
Administrator

help

I can do it Jeff
No problem on my end

Bill
Old 07-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #17
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFan
He explains "ONLY" what you teach, and doesnt "add" anything.
Hi Voodoo,

as far as learning the matchup is there ANY other way?

By "adding other stuff" it becomes something NOT real in my opinion.

I am very grateful to have the opportunity to learn something unique from the CREATOR.

It is VERY hard and requires a tremendous amount of INTUITION and "feel".

I am loving every minute of it man.

I am blessed.

Richie