Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
seattlesnake
Grade 1

2009 BC Contenders

here is the early DRF BC contenders list....

bccontenders_1023.pdf

early thoughts?
seattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Last years cup I got my ass handed to me on a platter. I had no clue properly evaluating the Euros and they destroyed the Americans. I felt like the jerk sitting at the poker table looking around to figure who the sucker is. Well it was ME.

I am retooling a bit this year with some stuff "The Fat Man" looks at.

I'll play Fridays races(solo qualche istante) but Saturday's Breeders races I am in school all day and won't bet.

Best of luck Jesse and all others who jump into the deepest pools around
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Tnxs Richie..btw I use to do Trainer patterns in So. Cal with a guy name "Richie" he was called the Big Man...dude was such a "whale"... he use to have his own betting window..

yep were at a disadvantage if you have shippers that u cannot qualify if they dont have fractional times.....when i was working with Thorograph in the 80's all he had was his #'s...no trainer stats, breeding, or race shapes...but now his product is so well rounded he's even included euro #'s that are ok...all that is missing in TG is what we use "pace" which i prefer....now if RDSS evolve in the same manner i think we will have a big advantage over the betting public... I have looked at most of the programs out there and they are all ok... but the ease of use that RDSS provides is what i like about the tool...now if RDSS incorporates trainer patterns and manual adjusts based on the users observation ie...track2track..surface2surface..slow/fast pace due 2 conditions ... ...along with some of the automated stuff that Ted is planning...it will be like driving a Ferrari with a cruise control... which can be dangerous in the wrong hands but will be a powerfull tool to a professional.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
raceman5
Grade 1

The thing u want to watch for in the BC races is the euros numbers on the turf translate very well to the poly, it did last yr with thorograph.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
seattlesnake
Grade 1

RE: Turf

Based on what I have seen of our US turf runners...most have either reached their peak or ceilings and have stopped developing..they just take turns on beating each with the exception of Gio Ponti who is pointing for the classic... I think the connections GP's are well aware of the competition in the Turf which would IMO probably make him only 3rd or 4th best in comparison to the Euro's abilities and then factoring in the way the OSA turf will be favoring in Precious Passions early front running style....GP would be lucky to get a placing.. If the weather is in the 80's hot & dry....Precious might be able to steal it...but if it turns cold n wet and the turf soaks up a bit of moisture the best closer with the best trip will definitely be in the winners circle...
Old 10-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
tom
Grade 1

Automatic throw out - last race on dirt. No exceptions.
Turf and poly interchangable.

Chomping at the bit.......drooling!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Yep!!!

Hey Tom,

The Classic is definitely a good betting situation.....i like the scenario so far especially if Zenyatta decides to run in there!!!!!

Here is a different way to look at the Classic... ....try to guess the caboose trifecta.....who will be the 3 that will hold up the rear at the finish line in the classic....or to make it easier...who will finish last in the classic and go from there...
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
Profiler8
Grade 1

The Breeders Cup is the only meeting, which I do not use RDSS, because the European horses do so well. Sometimes, they win at auch big prices, that one winner is enough. I see some good trainers from Europe like Alan Royer-Dupre or Peter Schiergen. I think there are big prices as well for some of them, but the good European horses start at low prices as well this year. Many of them have won many races this season and the form could decline.
So value are proably for the American horses and some European outsiders.
Profiler8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #9
seattlesnake
Grade 1

here is the Press Release for the pre entries

Know the playing field...know the coaches/trainers....know the players/horses.....

or just open the form on BC day and ask your cat/dog to see who they like!!!

Here is the link...

http://www.breederscup.com/content.aspx?id=42710