Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
For The Lead
Grade 1

Looking for value?

Turfway Park began its' winter/sprint meet on 12/2/10.

To date, the average field size has been 10+ horses.

To date, the average winning mutual has been $18.54.

Good Luck!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post

Good Luck!
Thanks for the heads up..................Ernie
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Profiler8
Grade 1

Hi everyone,

I found, that Turfway Park is a really good track for value bets. It works very fine with RDSS last year.

Greetings
Tim
Profiler8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:

Good Luck!
In your opinion sir , can you get a good feel on whats winning or do I throw a dart up and see who it lands on

mike
Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
In your opinion sir , can you get a good feel on whats winning or do I throw a dart up and see who it lands on

mike
Well, in some races, throwing a dart ends up looking like a good idea!

Seriously though, Turfway is no different than any other track. You keep your “track profiles” and “decision models” and, in my opinion, keep them on a “narrow” basis rather than a “broad” basis, that is to say, separating them by more than just distance and surface.

Like many other people who have, over the years, attended Sartin Seminars and had the opportunity to talk to “Doc”, “Hat” or other handicapping luminaries, I had the opportunity to talk with Tom Brohamer many years ago. For those who may not know, a “decision model” is actually the “Brohamer Model”, named after him because he was its’ founder. It was on his advice that I started keeping “track profiles” and “decision (Brohamer) models” on a very narrow basis. It is for this reason that I play tracks with long meets. In the short term meets, like SAR, DMR as well as many others, keeping model as Brohamer suggested just doesn’t work. The short meets do not allow you to gather enough information in each model to make them worthwhile.

At this point in time, 3 weeks into the Turfway winter/spring meet, I am still watching, with little or no betting, while building profiles and models.

Actually, the only reason I decided to watch Turfway was because MNR will be shutting down in a week or so for about three months. So I chose Turfway to fill the void until MNR re-opens.

Good luck to all.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Rverge
Grade 1

Quote:
Well, in some races, throwing a dart ends up looking like a good idea!

Seriously though, Turfway is no different than any other track. You keep your “track profiles” and “decision models” and, in my opinion, keep them on a “narrow” basis rather than a “broad” basis, that is to say, separating them by more than just distance and surface.

Like many other people who have, over the years, attended Sartin Seminars and had the opportunity to talk to “Doc”, “Hat” or other handicapping luminaries, I had the opportunity to talk with Tom Brohamer many years ago. For those who may not know, a “decision model” is actually the “Brohamer Model”, named after him because he was its’ founder. It was on his advice that I started keeping “track profiles” and “decision (Brohamer) models” on a very narrow basis. It is for this reason that I play tracks with long meets. In the short term meets, like SAR, DMR as well as many others, keeping model as Brohamer suggested just doesn’t work. The short meets do not allow you to gather enough information in each model to make them worthwhile.

At this point in time, 3 weeks into the Turfway winter/spring meet, I am still watching, with little or no betting, while building profiles and models.

Actually, the only reason I decided to watch Turfway was because MNR will be shutting down in a week or so for about three months. So I chose Turfway to fill the void until MNR re-opens.

Good luck to all.
for the lead
MNR---> jan and feb dark. or did things change and mnr went to 3 mos.?
hey but PEN starts to run on mondays and tuesdays again WOO HOO!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
mikesal57
Grade 1

Thxs FTL....

With a "profile" and "model" RDSS can point you in the right direction and show that those horses that you hide because of low odds are in true the best horse in the race and that betting others can/will be throwing away good money.
With only 3 weeks in, starting to make those charts cant take more than 3-4 hours of looking at results ..

gl FTL and keep us up to date

mike
Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
For The Lead
Grade 1

Turfway Park update

Turfway Park continues to be a haven for value players. Beginning with the start of their winter/spring meet on 12/2/10 until 01/02/11, the average field size continues to be 10+ horses. The average win price is $17.53.

I see that "Seattlesnake" and Ted have cashed in. Good going!

From Seattlesnake, http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7244

And from Ted,
P.S. On a happier note, while waiting to defrag a hard drive, I did catch that $66 horse in the 2nd at TP yesterday Nice post-Xmas gift.

Like they say, " get'em while they're hot!"
Old 01-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I note that Froggy had a piece of that one too

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=49

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #10
froggy
Grade 1

Ted,

Didn't work Turfway on the 1st. However I did work it a few days before and did quite well.
On the 1st, the day in question, I was working Aqu and loosing my left lung while the $3 horses kept coming on home.

The frogman
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote