Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 11-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #21
Houndog
Grade 1

Great Going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Gary was nice enough to hook up with me and show me how to use the match up using Energy.We hit 4 out of 5 races[im kind of slow doing the races] and a couple were double digit winners.Also in one race we had the top 3 finishers in order.He is really a good teacher and I see now where in the old seminar tapes Jim would say as long as you get the right contenders in the program it will take care of the rest.Jeff
Jeff, way to go. I can think of no better teacher of Energy and Aodds than Gary. He uses Energy the way it should be used and anyone could benefit from his teachings. Jeff, if you could tell us in what aspects of Energy that Gary helped you the most would be appreciated as it could help all Energy users. Feedback helps because I have also benefitted from posts other people have made on this topic.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #22
shoeless
Grade 1

Houndog,I think you would be a good teacher as well.Gary was showing me on the match up screen how to weed out contenders one at a time.Basically it was by looking at the 1st and 3rd fractions.I was putting too much emphasis on the 2nd fraction which is why I had trouble with the race you posted.Also he had me bet on two horses one for$3 dollars and the other $2 NO EXACTAS based on a $50 bankroll.His reasoning was if you cant double a small bankroll what makes you think you can do it with a larger one.We got our contenders by using the match up.I feel all of these things should help me boost up my confidence.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:04 PM   #23
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Houndog:

Thank you for the compliment. I love to share my handicapping thoughts with others. Jeff was a very good student. One of the concepts that I was explaining to him was not to over-think the race. Basically, just do the race. One other concept that I truly believe is that you may not be able to win a given race, but you can definitely win at the races. Reasoning is that anything can happen in any given race, but your handicapping skills will make you a winner over the long term.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:33 AM   #24
admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Also he had me bet on two horses one for$3 dollars and the other $2 NO EXACTAS based on a $50 bankroll.His reasoning was if you cant double a small bankroll what makes you think you can do it with a larger one.We got our contenders by using the match up.I feel all of these things should help me boost up my confidence.Jeff
Hi Gary and Jeff

I think that is a great way to work I step back about 4 times a year
and take a small voucher from my total bankroll
and just bet win $2 and $3 It really is a great feeling watching
that little voucher grow I found this exact method in an early follow up
and in the manual The Psychology of Winning
GS
Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #25
partsnut
BetMix User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecast View Post
Hi Jeff,

Doc stated that, in a sprint, a horse needs to make up twice as much energy in the third fraction as he is behind in the first fraction. In routes it is almost three times as much. In Houndog's example race, Gold was the pacesetter. Conji had a first fraction deficit of .76, Kell had a first fraction deficit of .89, and Rog3 had a first fraction deficit of 1.53. None of these horses had a third fraction advantage over Gold of even 1-to-1 (F1 deficit to F3 advantage). If Gold runs his race, and pacelines/contenders are correct, Gold should win easily. The trick to this "precision" analysis is in the match-up, where true contenders and "correct" pacelines are selected.
I truly hope this helps. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Forecast

I believe that the statement above as quoted by Forecast is probably
one of the best and explanitory pieces of information that I've seen on the board regarding the Match-Up.
It brings to light and explains the concept and has been extremely helpful to me.
Thank you, I've learned something new and it is appreciated.
Have a very happy, healthy and prosperous holiday season and new year.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #26
forecast
AlwNW3X

Thanks for your kind words. I only hope I was able to do justice to the men who developed these concepts. A very Happy Holiday season to you and everyone on the board.

Forecast
forecast is offline   Reply With Quote