Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 11-11-2020, 09:02 AM   #1
rmath
Grade 1

Veterans Day

To all my brothers in arms both living and dead I am proud to call each of you my brother.
I hope and pray that each of you have a safe and long life.
I salute each of you
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:39 AM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1

Back at you Rich and Happy Veterans Day to all who served and are serving this great Country.
Tim
Old 11-11-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks Richie and Tim for your service.

Again thanks to you and all Veterans who have served our great Nation and for all your sacrifices. Veterans contributions have greatly contributed to the freedoms that we enjoy today. Sadly let us never forget those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and our active duty service members keeping us free and safe.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #4
Old Arkie Gal
Grade 1

Hey Richard, my friend Helen was in the service. She was a cryptologist many many long years ago. And yes, I also forget to use gender free designations. I also had a husband who served in Vietnam and a son in the Marines, and now a Grandson in the army. I am grateful to all who are serving and have served in the military and to their families, and to those who have sacrificed their lives for us.
Pat
Old Arkie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Gratitude and Respect

Remembering those who have served their countries in all wars, some who have given their lives doing so. Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, Armistice Day - all the same emotion, memories and respect, in all our different countries.

Name:  Tombe_du_soldat_inconnu.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  21.3 KB Name:  us.unknown.soldier.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  17.7 KB

Thank you to all the veterans here.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #6
CEW
Grade 1

Veterans Day

Hi All -

Very nice of all of you giving the Veterans Day salute here. I will tell you a crazy story of how I came in contact with racing and the Sartin Methodology - and it involves the army:

My dad gave me a brief introduction to reading the Form when I was in high school and we went to Penn National maybe two or three times together. I always had racing in the back of my mind from that point on. In 1984, I won an audition and became a trumpet and bugle player in the West Point Band in NY. After boot camp, I was stationed at West Point for 6 years, deciding not to go for 20 or more years, then moving to Maryland where I have been since 1990.

Not long after I was in the band, I was eating lunch with a new drummer from Ohio. He told me right away that the reason he wanted to get a spot in our band was to be in close proximity to NY racing. Shortly after this, he started an MBA at night down in the city. The subject of his "paper" was a class system using some combination of everything in the earnings box. I stopped over at his apartment one day and he had nothing but Racing Forms and charts all over the place. I was instantly ready to jump in. He graphed his findings on a bell curve and showed that his system was "normally distributed" etc.

His name was Mark Dayton and we started playing races using the new "Dayton Value" on a regular basis. Not long after we hit a trifecta for about $1,300.00.There was no stopping from that point on.

In the summer of 1987, Mark saw an ad for the Sartin Methodology in the Form. He wrote to Howard and got the Yellow and Pink Manuals and a disk that "worked" (barely) in a Tandy desktop. After about 30 days of plowing through the manuals, we had a lot of questions. Mark called out to Howard's office and Mary Sartin suggested we go to the Albany/Saratoga seminar coming up in August.

I've handicapped with the Methodology ever since. Mark just could not bring himself to bet on two horses and eventually gravitated to Huey's "Length Variant".

So there is a story for you! Go Army -

Chuck Wilson
Westminster, MD
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #7
Lefty
Grade 1

Thank you

Thank you, Veterans! Where would we be without you?
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:26 PM   #8
rmath
Grade 1

Old Arkie Girl

Pat I am sorry that I failed to enter sisters to my post.
I new many nurses being attached to the Hospital Corp.
Please forgive my error.
Richard
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote