Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

Yellow Manual Introduction

The Yellow Manual page 2- 5

You begin reading of this manual having committed yourself to a contract

with the author agreeing to follow the percepts presented herein until you are winning

no less than an average of 63% of the races played betting two horses horses per race to win.

We know this is not a theoretical average because of the number of persons similary committed

who have attained and maintained it over a period of several years. Many of our computor- user

clients are winning in ecess of 63%. None woh have stayed with us are winning less.

Place and Show bets , along with 3 horse exacta and quinella averages range from excellent to

spectacular. However, they require subjective judgements in the area of bankroll management

so we cannot accurately project a universal percentage. Ironically, money management

is far mor difficult to teach and to master than handicapping proficiency .

Since it is true that the horse crossing the finish line first is deemed the winner of the race.

it has long been ssumed that the horse with the fastest final time shoould project as the winner everytime .

The facts show conclusively that this is not so. Final time is determined by incremental time which is

called pace.nPace is determined by a horse's behavior both innate and environmental, as imposed

by the trainer and to some extent by the jockey. In humans we call this "personality" In equines it is referred to

as "running style. The degree of predictability of Pace is called "Class". The word has substantialy the same

meaning for horses as for humans . While final time is measurably influenced by what is known as the track varient

Further, any methodology that would impose the making of such a variant on its user is not fulfillinng

its promise since success becomes predicated on factors not contained within the methodology itself

While our methodology ,ight produce better results using a Daily track variant. its criteria for winning

proficiency lies solely in your use of the material contained within these pages.

I was thrust into this field of horse race handicapping with absolutely no previous experience or

knowledge. My reasons were clinical and were prompted by the needs of patients in therapy.

My only goal was to develope a procedure through which non-winners could become consistant winners.

I did not have then, nor do I have now, any ppet theries or subjective concepts that I want to prove.

I am intereste on in results : which in horse racie investing means winners. Most so called "horse

players have a storeof axioms, maxims and "hossy sayings" that have been pssed on down through the years as truisms.

the etiology of these superstitions can be traced to the era before the pari mutuel machine and were originated by

bookies who created the odds, took the bets, and made the payoffs. To minimize the latter they infitrated the bettor's

store of knowledge with such sayings as, "if you bet two horses in a race to win you're betting against yourself"

I still here this almost daily at any track or legal betting parlor. In truth.there is nothing a bookie fears more

than the player who PROPERLY bets two horses to win in a race If you adamantly cling to any racing axiom that

is fixed in your mind and not subject to change , ak yourself WHO benifits from its application.

If it is YOU and only YOU, consider discarding it and opening your mind. If you are not now a consistent winner

both in proficiency and return on investment, the reason might be traced to what you think yo DO know just as easily as

to what you may NOT know. If you really want to lose , you can accomplish it through using this manual as

well as you can without it. If you use SOME of what is contained herein with SOME of this and some of that ,

you can create a smorgasboard that may be tasty to you , but I will not be held responsible for the results.

It is certanly your prerogative to use the manual for research or wrapping garbage. But if you want the promised

result, you must use it as prescribed.

If your accustomed to working "sytems" you must understand at the outset that this is NOT a system but a methodology.

A system is an exact procedure applied without deviation. A system works when all the nescessary factors exist

within the problem itself but fails when other elemets are present. A methodology is designed to accommodate

every variable that might arise within athe structure of the problem and must be equally effective regardless

of any factor that may be confronted. Sytems always have a number o qualifying rules in order to limit the number

of variables they have to deal with, Our methodology has only "two qualifying rules "

1. NEVER TAKE A PACELINE FROM A TRACK WHERE THE FORM VARIANT EXCEEDS THE "AVERAGE"

AS DENOTED ON PAGES 60-62 OF THIS MANUAL. This does not mean that you cannot play "off tracks"

just do not use race from an "OFF TRACK" to measure a horse's behavior pattern .

2, NEVER PLAY A RACE WHERE ANY OF THE CONTENDERS DO NOT HAVE A MEASUREABLE

PACE LINE This means most maiden races and certain races with foreign horses that have no North

American record. If you wish to ignore this elimination rule, be prepared for a first time starter or a foreign

horse takes your money.

No methodology, particularly this one is any better than the ability of the person using it.

Your capacity to learn and understand is determined by your I.Q. There is nothing herein that requres

any special intelligence , However your WILLINGESS to learn and understand is determind by your

personality and you alone must decide what course it will take. If ou are a winner now there is no need to change your

personality. If you are a non winner and are ready to alter your personal prejudices and logic-tight

compartments that may be standing in the way of your winning, then do so and ...read on

Howard G Sartin

Banning, California

Januay 1983,

The Yellow Manual
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
tom
Grade 1

I still remember the day my package from Doc arrived, "Old Yeller" and several other manuals. I had been reading of this strange methodology in Phillips Newsletter for months, and finally decided to spend a few bucks and see.
It was worth the $69.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Dorianmode
always learning

Such a great manual.

I still remember how totally intimidated I was getting it reading it for the first time, and how utterly confused I was by it.

Doh.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:53 AM   #4
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Thanks for taking the time to type that Bill.
It's great to have reminders like this to keep the focus up. I especially love the part..........

You begin reading of this manual having committed yourself to a contract

with the author agreeing to follow the percepts presented herein until you are winning

no less than an average of 63% of the races played betting two horses horses per race to win.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote