Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-16-2019, 06:22 AM   #1
omar
Grade 1

Talking Lasix free racing

This is exactly what I was saying in my recent post titled Cigar Mile. Here's a link you can read https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...-free-in-2020/
More sour grapes from the connections of Max Security. Who is Gary West gonna sue if all the tracks ban lasix from Stakes races in 2020 ( ha,ha,ha ). He's already pulled out of the Pegasus and I seriously doubt he'll ship to Dubai either. I guess he's going to find tracks that will be slow to make the change. Change for the better is coming to horseracing. Get over it and move on!
Omar
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:32 AM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

Gary West's exact words; "That’s a substantial change, and we don’t know what we’re going to do." By that statement and exact quote he hasn't made up his mind. He also has a right to run his horse anywhere he wants.

Personally I would go to Dubai. He could earn more money even if he doesn't win it because the purse is so high. Plus he'll be competing against the best in the world to include top horses from here and it'll be a gauge as to how good Max really is. Even a close finish would be a testament to his ability because he really hasn't been challenged here. Additionally the host track there pays all expenses as an incentive to ship the best there. It cost over $30,000 just to ship, not chomp change and not counting all other expenses such as lodging for all connections of the horse etc.

"Who is Gary West gonna sue if all the tracks ban lasix from Stakes races in 2020 ( ha,ha,ha )." Your words, but I don't know of any law suit by him over Lasix, only over a DQ and as a owner he has a right to sue over that. ha ha ha I don't think he's going to win and its water over the dam now but it is his right to do so.

As far as the Lasix issue I believe the sport as a whole has been negligent in the research of breakdowns. The SA issue has only brought to light the problem but research is time consuming and hopefully they can survive until the exact cause can be determined. Right now there is a sense of panic do anything to counter the attack.

Are the breakdown from poor training methods such as always training and racing around the track one way which strengthens the left legs but weakens the right legs. Which are breaking down? Is the problem sealed tracks. What are the ratio of breakdowns on off tracks as compared to fast tracks. Ditto for soft turf verses firm. How many are from poor trainers who don't deserve a license? Until good research is done the answer will remain a mystery.

In the article Chad Brown stated he'll have to revaluate his horses as to who can run without Lasix. Some can and some can't. I believe the trainers and owners know what's best for their horses. Perhaps why their fleeing SA and many are going to OP this winter. They have to place them where they can compete to survive. Right now tracks, owners and trainers are all in survivor mode. Who can blame them?

" Aside from the purse reductions, The Stronach Group announced it is banning the use of the race-day medication Lasix, but that will not play a role in West's decision because horses cannot run on Lasix in the first Saudi Cup." Quoted from a Blood Horse article today, link below.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...ximum-security

"Sour grapes" I'd say far from it and perhaps you should change your wine.

Mitch44

Last edited by Bill V.; 12-17-2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Negative
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
omar
Grade 1

Smile Lasix free racing plus

The plus is for anything else I care to voice my opinion about.
Look, the Stronach group owns Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita, Pimlico, Laurel, Golden Gate, Portland Meadows, and another harness track. In my opinion mr. Stronach has no choice but to eliminate Lasix at least from the stakes races at his tracks. Let's face it quality caliber horses don't really need Lasix. Since the industry is under a microscope lately, just a matter of time before all tracks follow suit.
Personally in my opinion I think the whole horse racing industry is under a bubble that's about to burst when it comes to breeding horses and the money they pay to breed them, not to mention what they pay for horses at auction these days.
Even the great Gasper Moschera aka the gasman walked away from the game because of the advent of lasix.
Later, Omar

Last edited by omar; 12-16-2019 at 02:37 PM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote