Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 02-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #121
klynn55
Maiden

Mr Bradshaw: you wrote find the best pace, are you confining the best pace to a horses's last race or last five, ten? Bought your book and am studying!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #122
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thumbs up say it 1,000 times more, Richie

1. Thinking you understand something, cause it sounds so simple and basic, and can't get anymore simple and basic, you think, so you say "Yeah, got it. There's nothing more to. Let's move on."
  2. Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw teaching thru his Master student and new MatchUp Guy, RichieP.
  3. About halfway thru the "HAT CHECK" forum, and even thru private emails, he kept saying over, and over, and over, and over, and over,AND OVER, "Early or Other than Early. ok?"
  4. "Yep." "Sure." Your're right." "Got it."
  5. Then RichieP's 8 month MatchUp update: the most deepest explanation of the inner essence of the MatchUp coupled with Advance concepts and technique's beyond the 5 step approach.
  6. At the end, in summary, what was it? "Early or Other than Early, ok?"
  7. After reading the post's and the MatchUp 2 and the other MatchUp books over and over, coupled with RichieP's newest post, in a mental attempt to simplify and uncomplicate things in my mind, I said, "OOOOhhhhh, yyyyeeeah, E-A-R-L-Y or OTHER T-H-A-N Early."
[/LIST][LIST=1]
So, it's Santa Anita race, Wednesday, Feburary 28 :
4th Race
Next Post 3:06 Off: 2:36 | 6 Furlongs | 4 Year Olds And Up | Maiden Claiming ($25,000 - $22,500) | Purse: $18,660

# Horse Jockey Weight Win Place Show
5 Razi's Star Portillo D A 120 58.80 18.00 8.60
2 Forest Sprite Antongrgi III W 122 3.00 2.40
6 No Mystery to Us Garcia M S 122 4.40
Times in 5ths: :224 :47 :594 1:131
Times in 100ths: :22.80 :47.11 :59.88 1:13.37
Scratched: Hawks and It's Another Story
Also ran: Atsashanaray, Be Persistent, Sombra, Dazzling Skates, Baby Hooie and C R Deelites
Winning Trainer: Rosales Richard - Owner: Girvin, Russell R. and Shirley
$1 Exacta (5-2) Paid $63.80
$1 Trifecta (5-2-6) Paid $1,140.90
$1 Superfecta (5-2-6-1) Paid $7,520.00
$2 Daily Double (6-5) Paid $217.20 Daily Double Pool $25,917
$1 Pick 3 (2-6-5) 3 Correct Paid $584.50 Pick 3 Pool $54,218
$1 Pick 4 (2-2-6-5) 4 Correct Paid $2,034.60 Pick 4 Pool $135,921
$1 Consolation Pick 3 (2-3-5) Paid $151.50
  1. 1st mistake: Did not follow Mr. Bradshaw's post of "Tip's for Advance Handicapping."
  2. Was playing simulcasting races before post of 1st race at Santa Anita. Kept falling on my a@#'s with betting. Bankroll getting behind.
  3. "Rowdy bunch" kept me losing my concentration.
  4. THEN, I hit this race. SPOT PLAY. Lone Early and a Fighter. Bailed me out , Big time.
  5. Had it 14 times. ONE HORSE BET.
  6. Hit only 2 for 5 the rest of the day, then quit. Still W-A-Y ahead.
  7. Mr. Bradshaw was RIGHT. "Spot Play" will turn a bad day to a good day; it CAN bail you out.
    1. Unless you are consistantly hitting 50%, 60%, 70% betting ONE horse, say "Yep." "Sure." "I've read it." "Heard you." "You're right." "I agree." "Still DON'T Got it." Re-read, Re-read, then, Re-read the MatchUp books and post again.....and again.......AND AGAIN.
    2. Believe me, still have a l-o-o-o-o-ong way to go. But hey, seems like a good start. (P.S. If you are a player who has the Brass and Brains to either augment your living or make a living at the races, please disregard. These comments are for us less talented Hard Learners, who aspire to have the talent and choice to do what you can do,....... someday. )
      VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 03-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #123
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFan View Post
  1. Thinking you understand something, cause it sounds so simple and basic, and can't get anymore simple and basic, you think, so you say "Yeah, got it. There's nothing more to. Let's move on."
  2. Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw teaching thru his Master student and new MatchUp Guy, RichieP.
  3. About halfway thru the "HAT CHECK" forum, and even thru private emails, he kept saying over, and over, and over, and over, and over,AND OVER, "Early or Other than Early. ok?"
  4. "Yep." "Sure." Your're right." "Got it."
  5. Then RichieP's 8 month MatchUp update: the most deepest explanation of the inner essence of the MatchUp coupled with Advance concepts and technique's beyond the 5 step approach.
  6. At the end, in summary, what was it? "Early or Other than Early, ok?"
  7. After reading the post's and the MatchUp 2 and the other MatchUp books over and over, coupled with RichieP's newest post, in a mental attempt to simplify and uncomplicate things in my mind, I said, "OOOOhhhhh, yyyyeeeah, E-A-R-L-Y or OTHER T-H-A-N Early."
[/LIST][LIST=1]
So, it's Santa Anita race, Wednesday, Feburary 28 :
4th Race
Next Post 3:06 Off: 2:36 | 6 Furlongs | 4 Year Olds And Up | Maiden Claiming ($25,000 - $22,500) | Purse: $18,660

# Horse Jockey Weight Win Place Show
5 Razi's Star Portillo D A 120 58.80 18.00 8.60
2 Forest Sprite Antongrgi III W 122 3.00 2.40
6 No Mystery to Us Garcia M S 122 4.40
Times in 5ths: :224 :47 :594 1:131
Times in 100ths: :22.80 :47.11 :59.88 1:13.37
Scratched: Hawks and It's Another Story
Also ran: Atsashanaray, Be Persistent, Sombra, Dazzling Skates, Baby Hooie and C R Deelites
Winning Trainer: Rosales Richard - Owner: Girvin, Russell R. and Shirley
$1 Exacta (5-2) Paid $63.80
$1 Trifecta (5-2-6) Paid $1,140.90
$1 Superfecta (5-2-6-1) Paid $7,520.00
$2 Daily Double (6-5) Paid $217.20 Daily Double Pool $25,917
$1 Pick 3 (2-6-5) 3 Correct Paid $584.50 Pick 3 Pool $54,218
$1 Pick 4 (2-2-6-5) 4 Correct Paid $2,034.60 Pick 4 Pool $135,921
$1 Consolation Pick 3 (2-3-5) Paid $151.50
  1. 1st mistake: Did not follow Mr. Bradshaw's post of "Tip's for Advance Handicapping."
  2. Was playing simulcasting races before post of 1st race at Santa Anita. Kept falling on my a@#'s with betting. Bankroll getting behind.
  3. "Rowdy bunch" kept me losing my concentration.
  4. THEN, I hit this race. SPOT PLAY. Lone Early and a Fighter. Bailed me out , Big time.
  5. Had it 14 times. ONE HORSE BET.
  6. Hit only 2 for 5 the rest of the day, then quit. Still W-A-Y ahead.
  7. Mr. Bradshaw was RIGHT. "Spot Play" will turn a bad day to a good day; it CAN bail you out.
    1. Unless you are consistantly hitting 50%, 60%, 70% betting ONE horse, say "Yep." "Sure." "I've read it." "Heard you." "You're right." "I agree." "Still DON'T Got it." Re-read, Re-read, then, Re-read the MatchUp books and post again.....and again.......AND AGAIN.
    2. Believe me, still have a l-o-o-o-o-ong way to go. But hey, seems like a good start. (P.S. If you are a player who has the Brass and Brains to either augment your living or make a living at the races, please disregard. These comments are for us less talented Hard Learners, who aspire to have the talent and choice to do what you can do,....... someday. )
      VoodooFan
Voodoo
YES!

Tremendous hit man!

$ 58.80 winner dispels the notion that the Matchup just gets short priced winners ha?

Keep up the great work Voodoo!

Jim Bradshaw's Matchup - The gift that keeps giving!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #124
mdray
Maiden

Jim,
I would like to purchase your Book.
Help
mdray
Old 03-04-2007, 02:31 AM   #125
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Exclamation Get real

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
I also was offered the chance to learn someone else's version of the matchup. Someone supposedly better than Hat.Ummmm thanx but NO thanx.
Richie
"Better than THE HAT?" I'll place a wager of everything I own, everything I will EVER own, plus get in debt for millions of dollars in loans, plus my entire blood and plasma supply as a wager against that "other" dude that he got a better version of the MatchUp and can beat THE HAT. Not on planet Earth, not in this Galaxy or the next 3 ajacent Galaxies. 'Nuff said.
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 09-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #126
RichieP
Grade 1

Post Deja voux all over again - Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
This 3rd and last spot play is unreal. Plain and simple.

3)Other than early into THREE matching earlies at the FIRST CALL:

I found this play after working a few races "live" with Jim on the phone during the Keeneland fall meet.

Wanna know what pressure is? Being on the phone with the Hat(while he is watching TVG showing the races live) and have him wait til the horses are LOADING into the gate to ask you to work a race and "hurry up Rich they are almost ready to run. Who is the horse Rich?"

The first 2 races worked like this my horse lost.

Then the third time I scanned the field,saw something DIFFERENT and told him "Jim there are 3 matching earlies at the first call".

He QUICKLY said " Rich WHO is sitting 3rd or 4th? THAT is the winner after you toss the earlies.Just make sure the horse is FAST.Hurry up they are gonna pop the gate".

I heard what he said and then saw THE horse. It was the #2. I told him the 2 was my horse and they were off and running. Jim described the race and around the turn all I can remember was hearing him say" Rich your 2 is passing everybody and is going to win the race!. He is 9/1!".

That was the FIRST time I had gotten a winner with him before the race ran and it felt GREAT. Something honestly I will NEVER forget.

Then the next day he tells me a race to do and I lose it.

The next day he picks a race just about to run and I SEE it is the SAME race as the one I hit a couple days earlier. Only this time it is a route instead of a sprint. I tell Jim all this and he says QUICKLY "

Rich do the SAME thing you did before. Tell me the horse sitting 3rd-4th who is FAST. That is the winner. Don't matter if it's 4f or 10f. WHO is the horse Rich and hurry up".

I don't remember the number but find the horse and tell him as the gate pops. Sure enough the SAME thing happens with my horse blowing past everyone at about 9/2 or 5/1.

He then tells me "Rich you are getting real good with these type races. That's 2 nice winners back to back. You should look for these race types and SPOT PLAY"

Well those words from Jim and that EXPERIENCE has NEVER left me nor will it ever.

THIS spot play is the "home of the $10.00 to $40.00 horse". Total chaos is OFTEN present in the betting of the race as nobody knows what the hell to do.

By FAR the highest win price average of MY spot plays. Also the highest win %. YES I keep records.
Remember this post??

STILL the most unreal spot play for me at more than generous odds man. here is a race that ran 10 minutes ago at Philly ( a definite Hat track btw)

3 matching earlies at the FIRST call. look at the screenshot with proj paces laid out to the stretch call.

Hat helpers:
1) NONE of the 3 earlies are fighters. Automatically we MUST jump on this race ok? Even if we lose it we HAVE to jump in.

2)We do NOT want to be betting 2 POSITION guys in THESE race types. This HAS been posted before.

3) POWER MOVE + Fastest pace of race 1c-2c-sc

Richie
PS - Bill - LOOK here is YOUR "middle" man. I did the race with Jim and he told me to show you this ok? 5-3-2-2 Positions
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 09-04-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #127
RichieP
Grade 1

The result

Amazing
Philadelphia - Race 7 [ Video Replay ]
# Win Place Show
3 $21.20 $10.80 $4.60
6 . $5.20 $3.20
2 . . $4.40

Results: 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | ALL
Wager-Type Winning Numbers Paid
$2 Exacta 3-6 $98.00
$1 Trifecta 3-6-2 $244.70
$2 Pick-3 9/5/3 3 of 3
Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #128
RichieP
Grade 1

Chart

LOOK at the fractions the 1c and 2c and sc were ACTUALLY run in, Then look at the Proj pace.

3 calls and we are off a total of ONE tick. Amazing ha?

This projecting pace is KEY and right from the Hat's 5 step approach.

Simple basic "Hat helper's" that put food on the table
Attached Images