Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 07-06-2023, 12:56 PM   #11
Jake
Clean slate

I haven't posted in a long, long time.

I'm curious. How does the 4 factors top 4 horses compare to just the top
4 morning line horses for win percentage? I can't see much difference.
Am I incorrect here?

Jake
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:01 PM   #12
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Jake. Don't know the answer to that since I[and Richie as far as I know] never looked at that. It most likely would depend on what horses and pacelines the user plcks. If the user picks viable contenders and pacelines I would think many would be in the top 4 m/l favs
Tim
Old 07-06-2023, 02:32 PM   #13
Jake
Clean slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Hi Jake. Don't know the answer to that since I[and Richie as far as I know] never looked at that. It most likely would depend on what horses and pacelines the user plcks. If the user picks viable contenders and pacelines I would think many would be in the top 4 m/l favs
Tim
Thanks for your thoughtful answer. I guess the better question, will the 4 factor method help focus on any potentially viable longshots, the LSP designation? Looking for longshots with a ML rank of 3rd-5th as potential contenders make sense to me, so will the 4 factors method bring anything extra to the handicapping table or not? Curious, because I have no clue.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:50 PM   #14
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Jake. Richie did discover a very good LSP angle. What you are looking for is a non-contender that ranks in the top 5 of both VDC & CSR. I have posted many races in the Races of Interest Section where the LSP either won or placed completing so very nice scores. The latest one was R8 @Parx on July 3rd. Screen shots are posted so you can see what the LSP looked like. Naturally the more corollary support the LSP has the better. Also remember that the public does overlook top 5 contenders which provides LSP plays. I have had many #2 & 3 tiered horses win and pay double digit prices.
Tim

Last edited by Lt1; 07-06-2023 at 04:06 PM.
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 04:13 PM   #15
Jake
Clean slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Hi Jake. Richie did discover a very good LSP angle. What you are looking for is a non-contender that ranks in the top 5 of both VDC & CSR. I have posted many races in the Races of Interest Section where the LSP either won or placed completing so very nice scores. The latest one was R8 @Parx on July 3rd. Screen shots are posted so you can see what the LSP looked like. Naturally the more corollary support the LSP has the better. Also remember that the public does overlook top 5 contenders which provides LSP plays. I have had many #2 & 3 tiered horses win and pay double digit prices.
Tim
Your graciousness is much appreciated. That's an added consideration to always
keep in mind. Thank you for the advice.

Jake
Old 07-06-2023, 04:23 PM   #16
Lt1
Grade 1

Anytime Jake. I will try to answer any other question you may have.
Tim