Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 02-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Fighters and their power

Hat has always emphasized these guys to me with the multi-call ones being extra powerful.

Amazing how this remains prominent in his mind when teaching while virtually everything else "evolves" into other things.

From the bullring at Charlestown last night here is an example.

This winner is also a complete lone early being the ONLY horse in the race to have the lead at first call in a sprint structure. The ONLY one.

Look what happens when there is nobody to fight the guy TODAY. Check the result chart.

Screenshots:

1) pp's of the winner
2) my contender "look"
3) result chart
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
tom
Grade 1

Great angel, Richie - I love horses who are 1-hd, 2-hd, etc. over 1 - 5, 1-7.....horses that fight and keep going have heart.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thanks for RE-inforcing this MatchUp priciple, Rich.

I think some of these should be re-EN-FORCED, until the pattern is engraved like stone in the brain.

I also like the way you put it :

1) prominent 1st

2) "evolves" into other things.

Very interesting thinking process and Modus Operendi.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 02-03-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
hdcper
AlwNW1X

Richie,

Would you mind posting a few before race examples of this concept with screen shots?

I for one, would like to see this concept in action,

Bill
Old 02-03-2008, 03:19 AM   #5
emilio840
Grade 1

Hi Richie. What mental adjustment do you make for the first call at CT when you are matching with horses that come from other tracks. I know that Ct has a 2 turn sprint races. (IS 23.1 FIRST CALL CONSIDERED REALLY REALLY FAST AT CT)

At Churchill I usually give a mental adjustment of 2 ticks for sprints that seem to be really fast at the first call.

emilio
Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio840 View Post
Hi Richie. What mental adjustment do you make for the first call at CT when you are matching with horses that come from other tracks. I know that Ct has a 2 turn sprint races. (IS 23.1 FIRST CALL CONSIDERED REALLY REALLY FAST AT CT)

At Churchill I usually give a mental adjustment of 2 ticks for sprints that seem to be really fast at the first call.
emilio
Amazing you ask that Emilio. I have told Hat for months that a 23.0 first fraction at Charlestown sprint is lightning fast. Comparable to like a 22.0 at track like Philly etc.

So yea a 23.1 at the bullring is VERY fast.

I'm gonna put the whole race pp's up Emilio.

Take a peek at what I said in opening post about this winner being the ONLY horse to have taken the lead at the first call in ANY races showing at the sprint structure ok? Check the pp's.

REMEMBER this going forward amigo. You WILL come across it again.Potentially nice situation for us matchers. If we can grab 1/3 or even 1/4 at decent prices there is money.

Then factor in the fighting spirit he has shown.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcper View Post
Richie,

Would you mind posting a few before race examples of this concept with screen shots?

I for one, would like to see this concept in action,
Bill
I'm gonna put the whole race pp's up.

Take a peek at what I said in opening post about this winner being the ONLY horse to have taken the lead at the first call in ANY races showing at the sprint structure ok? Check the pp's.

REMEMBER this going forward. You WILL come across it again. Then you can decide if it something that is valid to keep as a "tool" for your kit.

If it has value for you keep it. If not throw it away like yesterday's trash man.

Last edited by RichieP; 02-03-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1

Race pp's

Here are the pp's for the field that ran.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
RichieP
Grade 1

pp's for remainder of the field
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
RichieP
Grade 1

Deja voux all over again

Yesterday at Aqueduct there was ONE race and ONE horse on the card that was a complete lone early as described earlier.Another blowout occurs.

Gonna put up the full pp's for the race.

Then it is "No mas aqui".
Attached Images