Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Lightbulb Next generation of Sartin / Young People

We need to embrace and welcome young cappers to the method. THEY are the next generation of users and implimentors of Doc's methods. Their minds are also OPEN and have not been contaminated.

let's look at some FACTS pertaining to TODAY'S racing:

1) reduced field sizes
2) Rebates
3) Swimming and competing more and more against "sharks". Less and less "dumb money" in the pools.
4) "racinos" with their inflated purses throwing "apv" for a loop
5) Detailed pace/trainer/track bias information available to anyone willing to click a mouse and pay a few bucks.
6) Increasingly advanced software that ISOLATES races for possible wager automatically.
7) ability of software available NOW to tie into wagering pools to wager

There are many more but I will stop here for now.

In the early to mid 90's Sartin software WAS years ahead of the competition.

TODAY we are falling years BEHIND.
Once again FACTS only:

1) STILL in DOS mode
2) NO modeling
3) NO ties to wagering service
4) NO ability to ISOLATE spot plays
5) NO "inprogram" ability to call up old races to see patterns that produce/ fail.

Again there is much more but I will stop here.

We need to WELCOME new ideas and YOUNG cappers here with OPEN arms.

In YOUTH there is FREEDOM to WONDER and ENERGY.

There is also ability to PROGRAM in today's advanced languages that ENABLE much more creativity and USER flexibility. ( If you want to see a CURRENT example of using outdated language to try and do advanced things TODAY and see it fall flat on its face email me privately. I can PROVE again with FACT what I say here. I am NOT going to do this in an open forum).

MUCH RESPECT to the people and programmers who have gotten us this far. Without YOU we are nowhere. THANK YOU.

21st century cappin REQUIRES 21st century THINKING.

YOUNG ONES: You are WELCOME and NEEDED here on V/dc

Come and participate HERE. Speak up with your ideas. No idea is gonna be made fun of or mocked HERE ok?

Richard Pizzicara
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
TaWee

interesting concept

Advances in MOST fields are due to the work of those EXPERIENCED and TESTED in the practical application of theory. Granted young people are innovative....Would seem a partnership of ideas (the uncontamianted pool you speak of) + experience would be a more practical approach. The inexperienced might have a breaktrough idea and NOT know how to apply it.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Richie, In plain old English I agree with you 100%.None of the Sartin programs offer what you have mentioned and I doubt none will until some fresh blood enters the arena. Shoeless
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
TaWee

another problem

The interent and the proliferation of "clued in" people. It now takes real work to find venues where they only have a mild clue, because, up to a point, you cannot elucidate any more to a race beyond what is there EVEN with "new ideas."
Old 07-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Tawee, Your not fooling anybody here who you really are, the way you phrase your posts are a dead giveaway.I think if you used your real name instead of an alias people might respect your opinion more.Dont worry Dylan wont take away your Alums membership card just because you are posting here.Besides if he does you are always WELCOME HERE ON VDC.Your loving pal Jeff
Old 07-12-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
TaWee

leave it alone

really have a fecolith in your Circle of Willis don't you??
Old 07-12-2005, 05:54 PM   #7
Chip Napolitano
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
We need to embrace and welcome young cappers to the method. THEY are the next generation of users and implimentors of Doc's methods. Their minds are also OPEN and have not been contaminated.

let's look at some FACTS pertaining to TODAY'S racing:

1) reduced field sizes
2) Rebates
3) Swimming and competing more and more against "sharks". Less and less "dumb money" in the pools.
4) "racinos" with their inflated purses throwing "apv" for a loop
5) Detailed pace/trainer/track bias information available to anyone willing to click a mouse and pay a few bucks.
6) Increasingly advanced software that ISOLATES races for possible wager automatically.
7) ability of software available NOW to tie into wagering pools to wager

There are many more but I will stop here for now.

In the early to mid 90's Sartin software WAS years ahead of the competition.

TODAY we are falling years BEHIND.
Once again FACTS only:

1) STILL in DOS mode
2) NO modeling
3) NO ties to wagering service
4) NO ability to ISOLATE spot plays
5) NO "inprogram" ability to call up old races to see patterns that produce/ fail.

Again there is much more but I will stop here.

We need to WELCOME new ideas and YOUNG cappers here with OPEN arms.

In YOUTH there is FREEDOM to WONDER and ENERGY.

There is also ability to PROGRAM in today's advanced languages that ENABLE much more creativity and USER flexibility. ( If you want to see a CURRENT example of using outdated language to try and do advanced things TODAY and see it fall flat on its face email me privately. I can PROVE again with FACT what I say here. I am NOT going to do this in an open forum).

MUCH RESPECT to the people and programmers who have gotten us this far. Without YOU we are nowhere. THANK YOU.

21st century cappin REQUIRES 21st century THINKING.

YOUNG ONES: You are WELCOME and NEEDED here on V/dc

Come and participate HERE. Speak up with your ideas. No idea is gonna be made fun of or mocked HERE ok?

Richard Pizzicara

Richie,

Thoughtfully written first of all.

I understand what you are saying regarding youth. My niece is 7 years old and is up on this programming thing. Amazing. 7 years old. HOWEVER a blending of experience along with youth would serve things better if this is workable.

After all us elders learn a lot from the young and vice/versa!

Regards
CN
Chip Napolitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #8
Fast4522
Former member

Send a message via AIM to Fast4522
Racing Today

None of these things will come to pass. There is no one to listen, people write software they want with limitations set by ability of programer. Racetracks are large in size and only want slots to add to the bottom line, if they do not get the slots, they go the way the drive in's went. So if you want to have better software (Windows) you have to pay $140 a month for files or buy the current Dos offering. To really enjoy the racing one must do it from home in order to only play a few that you know you can beat. Also while enjoying a few good races things can be done that are needed at home. I also agree with shoeless on a few things as I think most do. But I think we all can agree that this is a better format that Yahoo was, and we should try to make it all that it can be.
Fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

Tawee, I really dont understand what you are talking about or all of the animosty.I twice privately e-mailed you to extend an olive branch to you and it was rejected.I think it's because you dont like it when people disagree with your words of wisdom.I remember how upset you got when I disagreed with you about how you put in a 4.5 paceline into a 6 furlong race.I suggest you stop taking all of this too seriously and get a LIFE.Instead of trying to impress everybody with your words of wisdom chill out my man.Sorry VDC members for taking up space here I will refrain from doing it again. Shoeless
Old 07-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #10
RichieP
Grade 1

Can we please stay on topic here? PLEASE.

Thank you
Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote