Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 05-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
Thinking ahead here a bit. I'm having trouble with the ultra fast time from the LS turf (freaky - one time stuff). I don't remember a lot of that Texas speed holding up in FG very often, so I'm suspect.

No disrespect to LS but isn't it considered a lower class track relative to AP? Wasn't one of The Hat's warnings to disregard horses from lower class venues when they move up the track ladder? or is LS close enough?

With all that on the table one could look at the sustained turf sprint from AP where the 5F time is nearly comparable to the LS finish time and conclude that the LS time might have some substance. Oh well, I'll wait for the rest of the direction because clearly I am confused right now.
OK good(not on being confused but on the questions posed).

Trust me and just relax and let's go one step at a time Bill.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #12
tleusin
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to tleusin
1: NF
2: E 22.9
3: P
4: P
5: E 22.6
6: E 22.4
7: E 23.0
8: EP 23.2

Run early I think the 5 and 6 run away from the rest at this point but matchup is still new to me.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 AM   #13
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

#1) EARLY ------> 24
#2) EARLY -----------> 22.9
#3) PRESSER
#4) PRESSER
#5) EARLY - ------------> 22.6
#6) PRESSER
#7) EARLY ---------> 23
#8) PRESSER

Based on the fractional numbers only, the race runs EARLY.

VoodooFan
Old 05-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #14
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleusin View Post
1: NF
2: E 22.9
3: P
4: P
5: E 22.6
6: E 22.4
7: E 23.0
8: EP 23.2

Run early I think the 5 and 6 run away from the rest at this point but matchup is still new to me.
Good morning Thomas and welcome! IF you are brand new to Jim's Matchup concepts I strongly suggest starting with his 5 step approach that he made for us here.

Here is the link where you can grab it:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3913

My suggestion:
Take 2 weeks and familiarize yourself with it's content. Work 20-30 races using the format Jim suggests in the 5 step approach. See how things go.

If you can write down what concepts you need some help/clarity with at the end of the 2 weeks let me know and I will be most happy to help you ok?

This thread is not where a "new matcher" like yourself should start. Jim stressed over and over the importance of learning "stages" to all this Thomas.

Again welcome and look forward to working with you here
Richie
Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #15
azbacks
Grade 1

1 - S
2 - E 22.9p
3 - Mixed - 21.7t ...Looks to be in shape
4 - P
5 - E 22.6
6 - EP 22.4
7 - E 23
8 - P

On surface looks to run OTE because of several E types, but #3 looks to be in shape to get lead ahead of others.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
Horse 1 P
Horse 2 E 21.4
Horse 3 E 21.3
Horse 4 P
Horse 5 E 22.3
Horse 6 P
Horse 7 E 22.2
Horse 8 P

To Many E's...who's 3rd Or4th At The First Call? Is It Fast?...'when In Doubt Go For The Speed'

This Is An Early Race!

Ignacio.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:25 AM   #17
RichieP
Grade 1

Jim "The Hat" and some Voodoo primers

Now it is time for our horse by horse matching using your FASTEST 1st fraction on an EARLY horse as your guide.

Now I would like to add TWO steps to the process that Jim taught me.

These are shown now after a few practice races by design. This is EXACTLY what Hat did with me and gave them to me after working three races just like we have done here. What is very good is that we have a "core group" of matchers and you are participating consistently which is NEEDED to progress.

These steps are once again "Mind's Eye" primers and as with ALL Intuitive processes they have NO rules. Let's go

BEFORE you begin your horse by horse matching using your FASTEST 1st fraction on an EARLY horse as your guide do these 2 things QUICKLY.

1) Starting with the 1 horse and with the 1st fraction pace in your head scan the ENTIRE pp's of each horse's FIRST FRACTION only. Only instead of doing this from the top down start at the BOTTOM of the pp's and work your way to the most recent race. Do NOT try and "tell" your "Mind's Eye" anything. Just let it "take it all in" QUICKLY. This step should take LESS than 5 SECONDS per horse. Quick Quick Quick Quick Quick. Move through each horse virtually as fast as you just read those "quicks".

2) Now begin your horse by horse matching starting with the first horse. This is going to sound INSANE (I remember telling Hat this when he taught me. He just told me to "Hush up Rich and do what I say")but please trust me.

IF you have done the steps outlined for you as you start to match horses there ARE going to be times when you get to a horse and YOUR "Mind's Eye" is going to tell you quite "loudly" "THIS is the horse that is going to win the race".

STOP. This is YOUR horse to bet. Even if it turns out that he is the 1-2-3 horse and there are others you haven't gotten to yet with your horse by horse work. STOP and BET that horse QUICKLY (assuming acceptable odds).

If you are a 2 horse win bettor make sure THAT horse is one of your 2 bets.

You have done steps that gave your "Mind's Eye" the chance to take in each horse's ENTIRE pp's a couple of times and it has seen all it needs to see in THIS race.

It will NOT happen in every race but when it does STOP and BET that horse.
==========================================================

Now please begin your horse by horse matching using your 1st fraction early horse pace as your guide. Match 1 against 2. Toss the loser and match the winner against 3 and so on.

POST your process. It's all good man
Richie
Old 05-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #18
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Pace is from #5, race 6 at 22.6. Horse has never come close to the race 5 pace and been competitive.

#1 Only competitive on front at very slow paces. This race NO FORM, Out
#2 Very "E" type horse - took lead and/or broke first 8 out of 10 races; 6 wins and has to be on lead or close 2nd or he's done. Most races have open leads, although there is some indication of fighting. I'm tossing race 2 as a representative race because horse has never come within about 1 second of this final time. Other than this race horse has never faired well against 22.6 opening quarter. Race 2 does mean horse will compete today.
#3 Aside from last 2 races this horse likes to press. I'll interpret last race in a never before raced fractions as sign that horse is alive. Line 9, a turf race with fast Arlington fractions shows horse being sustained and doing its best to close. Line 3 against today's pace shows pressing without the ability to pass horses. If this horse has changed running styles to early and the last race IS VALID, take #3 over #2, but I think he reverts to old style. I keep #2 horse.

#4 Can race against this pace, but both the 7 and 4 have beaten him decisively. #4 horse is out. So far, the #2 is still the horse.

#5 The Pace setter for me, but coming off layoff. But only win required open lengths. #2 and #5 look to go at it early. I think they compromise each other. #2 still the man.

#6 Only horse that I can find that has won from off the lead. Lines 3, 8, and 9 - all from different surfaces are good enough for this field. Line 8 is a 5F turf win from 1 L off pace close enuf to today's pace (and the battle up front). This would be my stop the presses horse! #6 beats#2.

#7 Another E that needs open lengths to win - along with 2 and 5. #6 beats all of these.

#8 Never ran competitively against this pace - -Out.

#6 Wins
Old 05-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #19
punch18
AlwNW3X

I will try

1-2 the 2 off line 7 22.5
2-3 still i like the 2 dont trust the tuff lines (both time vs 22.6 did not win)
2-4 still 2
2-5 still 2 5 cant get the lead it needs the 2 has passed horse
2-6 i like ote and 6 beats 2 keep 2 circled for pl
6-7 6
6-8 no polly races so my power lines
#2 22.9 46.6 12 11
#3 22.6 46.5 3322
#6 22.4 46.5 2 2 11
i choose other than earlt
#6 adcat
however the 3 scares me but i cant give him credit for that 21.7 hes also dominate on the 2nd fraction but iam going with my gut will see
punch
Old 05-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #20
punch18
AlwNW3X

again

the 3 may be an example of dominate early but ill stick with the 6 because u threw out the whole other side
punch