Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 01-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Late Nite 'Cappin' 01/17 PEN Race 7

I know I didn't post this before hand, so sue me!
Win 3,8
Ex 38/2
Tri 38/382/1238
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 01-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Result
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Old 01-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
JimG
Grade 1

Nice hit Ted. RDSS looks like a nice program. Hope it will be ready for prime time soon so a few of us can give it a test drive.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
sdahl
Grade 3

Well done Ted. Your program show's a lot of potential.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Stan, Jim. I do want to hasten to add, that so far, there is not too much in the contender selection department that is not also found in Validator or Speculator. Some initial Match Up enabling tools, yes, but I'm thinking many of the Spec/Val users out there are smiling when they read these screenshots.

For me, Phase I of this project is, really, achieving a Windows based platform, and a stable, flexible environment to duplicate and re-merge Val and Spec, some efficiency tools, some useful visualization tools.

Subsequent Phases would add in modeling, bookkeeping, wager formulation and submission, and money management. Lots of other great software out there is already addressing all of these things (all normal, even indispensible tools for a professional or serious amateur), but I have always longed to do this from a strict Sartin Methodology/Match Up -orientation, and by some lovely good fortune I now seem to have just that opportunity, am greatly inspired to share it, and am having the time of my life!

Also something about a teaching tool, appeals to me. It seems this was a watch-word for Doc and the original gang, and this new era brings new tools. The sport is changing: internet wagering (despite recent strong-arm tactics), Trakus 3-D imaging and real-time tracking, potential for new, younger blood. All this and some serious misunderstandings out there about just how to make sense of a horse race and profit from that understanding. As 'Premier Turf Club' said to me, the Sartin Methodology is still seriously under-appreciated, by and large, and I'd like to have fun in the coming years addressing that opportunity. I guess making money wagering is only a part of what moves me.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Thanks Stan, Jim. I do want to hasten to add, that so far, there is not too much in the contender selection department that is not also found in Validator or Speculator.

Ted
Ted,

Thanks for the reply. I used Validator until Trackmaster changed their speed rating basis back in Feb of last year. I found it to be too unreliable after that. I like to play in contests and needed a bit more stability for my main software of choice.

I like what you said about wanting to help people. It has taken awhile but I am now of the opinion, you do good deeds and rewards seem to come your way. Best of luck on the new software and I will be checking back often with you to see when available. If you need another beta tester, just let me know

Jim
Old 01-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jim,

I know what you mean about Val being hit by last year's TM/Equibase fig reorganization. I'm guessing you knew though that I fixed that for Speculator (Spec160) and I hear from folks that the reliability returned just fine. But some folks also just never liked Spec, which I also understand.

Hopefully we can do this right, with RDSS, and get the old party rolling along again.

Re helping people, I'm still trying to figure out if you can actually help people. Rather, if you just work on your own issues, your own energy if you will, then perhaps others will find themselves responding positively to your positive energy, creating a virtuous feedback loop in the process where generosity appears to be what's going on, while everyone is just trying to be the best person they can, and like attracts like.

However one analyses it, it's sure a lot more fun than yelling at each other, or hiding one's 'precious' so otherses don'ts steals it, they do, bad hobbitses...

I'll certainly keep you posted on the RDSS testing schedule (too many things still make me crazy...)

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
admin
Administrator

working

Dear Ted
Thank you for the very nice private email message
You are a great friend and your words really got to me
My work is being myself and working the methodology

Richie and I talk about the great people we have met
here on Pace and Cap Thank you for showing your race
and helping us with a positive example

Bill
Old 01-20-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
tom kalies
Grade 3

Thumbs up Rdss

hi Ted,
the program is looking really good. I hope I'm still on your beta testing list, really looking forward to help test and then use as my main handicapping tool.

Tom K.