Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 02-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #41
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The Sartin Methodology is the Match Up and incremental energy disbursement. RDSS includes tools for the Match Up and energy analysis like Validator and Speculator before it. I'm adding new Match Up tools.

If the Match Up is not your cup of tea, or if BL/BL doesn't do it for you, or if you don't like TPRs, then just stick with what's winning for you. Many ways to climb the mountain!

Thanks for your good wishes Jeff. Everyone who buys some TrackMaster data makes RDSS a little bit profitable for me, but I also get a lot of mileage out of the reports I receive of folks hitting good mutuels, or just feeling competent at this chosen passtime or profession.

Good luck, good skill,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 02-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #42
shoeless
Grade 1

Just thought you might want to think about maybe dividing up the 2 programs but with your post I see that's not a good idea.Sorry for the intrusion.Jeff
Old 02-14-2008, 07:10 AM   #43
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Just thought you might want to think about maybe dividing up the 2 programs but with your post I see that's not a good idea.Sorry for the intrusion.Jeff
Jeff, all Ted is doing is adding tools that help us in trying to utilize the Match Up methodology in our handicapping or help with picking out pace lines or help with deciding running styles, etc. The Sartin formulas that produce your favorite results as to Validator or BLBL or Spec 160, etc are untouched. As to the tools you do not have to use them or if you try and do not like them just go back to the default setting. There is only clutter if you choose to see it as such but in any case it could easily be ignored as you go through your handicapping chores with the RDSS program.

Do you now use RDSS and are finding it now more difficult to work with because of the very, very interesting helpful additions? I guess you can sense my preference.

Robert
Old 02-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #44
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jeff,

I'm sorry, I did not mean to sound like your comment was insubstantial, and I apologize to the extent that it did. A few other RDSS testers have also commented about the proliferation of readouts (including Doc, though he's not a tester) and urged simplicity.

To clarify, the new additions you read about do not show up unless you configure the software to show them. Further, I have a plan to let the user hide the Tabs and screens they really aren't interested in: for example a Match Up practitioner might hide ALL the screens other than the Original and Tandems. Next release. However, in this release, because you asked for it, you can now suppress the colour rankings

Name:  aqu0213-1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  70.3 KB

Meanwhile, one of my new RDSS testers just wrote to me this morning saying he got the late Pick 4 at SA yesterday ($5205.90) and a couple of late Pick 3's (all top 2 and ties V/DC). This is the kind of news I live to receive in my morning email!

All the best, Jeff.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 02-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #45
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
WIth respect to all of Richie's turf races, it seems to me that the prevailing characteristic of the winners is that they either gained velocity positioning or rank or at least did not lose position between the first and second calls. Third call rankings did not matter (keeping with my basic understanding of what The Hat is teaching in the Matchup). One winner, a sprinter with a lead at second call, did not lose ranking position between 2nd and 3rd call; the TAM 7th race winner had such a huge 2C advantage and yet only went from 5th 2F rank to 6th 3F rank and wouldn't have lost any ranking if the really low total energy horse with a big 3rd F had been eliminated.

Bill
Old 02-15-2008, 06:20 AM   #46
shoeless
Grade 1

Robert,Just to answer your question no Im not using RDSS,I tried but found it confusing.Im using KGEN the version I have has a menu because their are quite a few programs on it.I thought that maybe Ted could do something like that for RDSS.Maybe just combine everything that match up players want into one program.I see now I shouldnt have butted in.Jeff
Old 02-15-2008, 07:14 AM   #47
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Robert,Just to answer your question no Im not using RDSS,I tried but found it confusing.Im using KGEN the version I have has a menu because their are quite a few programs on it.I thought that maybe Ted could do something like that for RDSS.Maybe just combine everything that match up players want into one program.I see now I shouldnt have butted in.Jeff
That is not true about the butting in part. Do not feel this way. Your idea of a menue (like in KGEN) for folks with different strokes is a good one.

I believe that from reading other post of yours you use the DRF for your handicapping, right? If so remember the DRF of yesteryear how different it is from today's version. For example no Beyer figures, no trainer statistics, no dirt/grass/off track breeding statistics, no key race information, etc. The DRF has added more and more information to try to help or give addtional tools for the handicapping challenge just like Ted is doing with the RDSS Program. It is up to us to utilize or just ignore as we see fit in accordance with our preference or comfort levels.

Robert
Old 02-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #48
RichieP
Grade 1

Bill Lyster special

Putting this here. From today at Tampa. Did NOT bet the race.

RAW data used on "config" and screen shot reflects this. Want him and Hat to see it. Hat picks this horse in 2 seconds looking at raw. I KNOW it.

Bill L check this. All goes back to your thread man.
Attached Images