Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2016, 04:50 PM   #11
DanBoals
Grade 1

Dave,

I too am extremely disappointed I will have to wait for 2.1. I absolutely love RDSS and it's the first software where I can download races and not have to enter a bunch of numbers by hand, that actually makes me money. I think 2.1 will be nothing short of awesome and I would love to have it now. But, I understand with a one man crew, Ted can't do everything, and may need a very deserved rest. Doesn't mean I am not disappointed that I have to wait, just means I understand.

And telling someone that buys a product that they can build their own if they want to is not helpful. We have no idea what a person is feeling, and reading into what they post is dangerous at best. I did not take it as character assassination, because I really don't think it was meant that way. I took it at face value, he is disappointed he has to wait.

My guess is that we would all love to have 2.1 right away. Being honest about being disappointed you have to wait isn't a bad thing necessarily. I think that a rested programmer does better work than a tired programmer; I developed software for 15+ years so I know a little about that. I think if Ted says he needs a break, then we should all respect that and give him a break so he can recharge the batteries and when he is ready, make a new version that will blow our socks off.

Doesn't mean I like to wait though It's america here and we are a country of bigger, better, faster, now; for better or worse and I think I understand Mark's frustration at having to wait for something that will probably be, and I don't use this praise lightly, the best horse racing analysis software ever to hit the market. Disappointed, yes, willing to wait, certainly, in it with Ted for the long haul, definitely.

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote