Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ted's Schedule

I'll be away from my office for most of the next month, and I wanted to let people know in case you're trying to get a hold of me by phone, email or on this site for various reasons, at various times.

I'm headed to Saratoga tomorrow and should be there by Wednesday (with a few stops). I'll be there until Monday August 20. I'll be answering my mobile and checking email and voice messages all the while, but it may take just a bit longer to get back to you. I'm back in my office Wednesday August 22 (after a stopover Tuesday at Fort Erie racetrack, maybe for the last time - come on down, or up!)

Then I am taking a vacation with family from August 25 - September 15 and will be completely incommunicado (in Italy).

While I'm gone, Bill V will be taking care of the Contest like he normally does, and also helping people Register at PaceandCap. A big thank you to Bill!

Bill won't be handling RDSS evaluations or payments or renewals. If you were thinking of signing up to evaluate RDSS (including checking out the new Synergism export), or subscribing following an evaluation, or renewing your subscription - please do this before August 24. Anyone whose subscription renews or whose evaluation period would end while I'm gone gets an extension to September 21: I'll take care of things after I get back.

If you're responding to the ADW Special Offer, I'll catch up with you when I get back.

Again, I am available (almost) normally until August 24, then not available at all until September 15.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Saratoga next week, and looking forward to pizza, gelato, vino and Michelangelo in Italia

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
Rverge
Grade 1

http://youtu.be/n9FMvfvkBro
Old 08-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Hey Ted

Sounds like fun and i hope you have a good time.

I will try to make it out to Fort Erie, i was planning on going in the fall before they close down but maybe i will join you on the 21st..... see how it goes.

Enjoy the food my friend....... Hoof
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
davew
AlwNW2X

Have a safe trip, sounds like lots of fun.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
barb craven
Grade 1

I just talked to Ted via Skype. He's in Sienna (I hope I spelled that right) where they have a horse race twice a year around the square. He just watched one of them and is going to try to post one of the pictures. If not now, when he gets home.
He's having a great time and says hi to you all. I suppose he's still rushing around with family seeing all the sights, but he looks more rested than I've seen him this past few months. That's the mother in me talking.

Last edited by barb craven; 08-31-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: forgot something
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
lsosa54
Grade 1

Did he bet on the grey horse to win? Think his name was Pasta E Fagioli
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
barb craven
Grade 1

I don't know Lou. He was starving and was wolfing down some breakfast while the others went sight seeing. I never thought to ask him. When he skypes again I will though.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The Palio, Siena town square

While in Italy last month, I had a chance to visit Siena in Tuscany where they hold the annual Palio horse race around the historical city square. Although I missed the actual race in August by 2 weeks, after actually seeing the video, I hope never to see it - a barbaric event, IMO, though I'm sure full of excitement - for the people that is.

I preferred a nice pizza and beer overlooking the same, though quieter city square

Name:  siena.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  50.1 KB

Palio Race, Siena - August 2012 (around the exact same city square)

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Damn, I shoulda known that the lone early would hold up!
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote