Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
BJennet
Grade 1

New Pace question for Ted

If someone else can answer my question that would be great, but I mentioned Ted because I believe he'll probably know the answer. As far as the way NP uses RDSS figures, I just wanted to know whether the figures being used are Adj. SR or TE? As I think you mentioned at the time Bill Lyster presented his survey, Adj. SR had a better ROI so I'm assuming that's what's you used. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

B. Jennet
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

You can use either the TrackMaster SR (the default) or the Adjusted SR. Change it in the NP Config screen by clicking on the Config Icon (the 'gear' icon circled below). The caption above the range bars shows which rating is currently being used.

We experimented with Total Energy and with Perceptor Total ratings, but initial tests suggested the 2 measures of final time were better suited to this.

Ted

Name:  np.png
Views: 340
Size:  77.5 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
BJennet
Grade 1

Thanks, Ted

Hi Ted,

I was taking a look at Bill's survey, and this is what provoked my question. I did a comparison of Adj. SR with TE, but not look at the results for the straight SR. I'll go back and take a look.

Cheers,

BJ
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote