Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 07-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thumbs up Nice Hit by New User

A new user of RDSS (though certainly a skilled handicapper) sent me this nice hit from yesterday. Hopefully he'll post here and claim his victory!

Name:  Race.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  129.4 KB

Name:  hol0711-4res.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  13.6 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Dont Wanna Claim The Victory...I just wanna cash tickets!!

Tnxs Ted for the warm welcome!!!

Many many moons ago I was working with Thorograph when they were trying to penetrate the west coast market and I stumble upon the Sartin Methodlogy. I can still remember driving what seems hours away from Santa Anita Racetrack in Arcadia ( I lived right across the street ) just to meet with Doc and you could not have met a nicer man. I must be crazy to drive a hundred miles just to pick up a yellow manual but then again I will be seeing a physcologist so I thought I might get a free consultation for whatever ails me.

Anyways to make a long story short...I ended up staying half the day as he gave me the Phase III, and a new program called Energy and a bunch of other books called Follow Ups....and he showed off his new program called K-Gen and proceeded to give me a copy to test. Ahhh those were the days.

Anyways I did horseracing as a profession for quite few years and got out due to burn out...12hr days and working on holidays left little time for other things. Now that I have relocated to Vegas I now have the time to focus on horseracing again as a passion and also as an extra source of income.

And I would like to formally request to use this board and its group as mentor for reorientation. My main goal is to qualify, compete and win the main show.. DRF's Handicapping Tournament which is held here every year. If we can do it as a group, I think we could represent a strong team with all these knowledgeable and expierenced handicappers.

Thank God for keeping Doc's vision and concept alive and at the same time streamlining the process. How times have changed and yet key factors and main ingriedients still stay the same.

Like the Doc use to say..."See Ya At The Short Line" ...I can still remember seeing the mutuel clerk printing out so many $250 exactas on our tickets since it was the maximum in those days!!! How times have changed and yet still stay the same......You gotta cash tickets!!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlesnake View Post
And I would like to formally request to use this board and its group as mentor for reorientation. My main goal is to qualify, compete and win the main show.. DRF's Handicapping Tournament which is held here every year. If we can do it as a group, I think we could represent a strong team with all these knowledgeable and expierenced handicappers.
SS,

You are formally welcomed to all the collective wisdom you can find here! And when you win the Big Show, you're welcomed, in turn, to help mentor others (or even before).

Several members here have been to the DRF Finals, some a few times, including a few RDSS users. I have no advice to give re tournament analysis and wagering style, versus a daily 'wagercapping' approach. In any online tourneys I've entered I found myself trying to 'swing for the fences' with longer priced (and less likely) horses than I would normally do, and it has felt uncomfortable, so far. But I always stand ready to learn!

Thanks for sharing that bit of history with Doc, and for stating your goals: they keep you dreaming, keep you working hard, senses alert, when the tendency could be to coast.

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill

All the best, on the quest.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 07-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

Hi SS

Thank you for the nice post. Reading brought back nice memories for me.
When I went out to see Doc I flew to LAX. I stayed right near Hollywood Park
and drove what seemed like forever out to the O'henry house office in
Beumont. There were better ways to go for my visit, but I will never forget going out there. My imagination running wild as I drove out that early morning. Mary and Doc must have thought I was crazy to come all that way. Doc was just as you described. He offered me so much.
Most of the things I never heard of but know I wish I had accepted
them. Good to see you here at Pace and Cap
Nice work with RDSS.
Bill
Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Yep Doc has touched many lives...

"Imagine all the roads we have all travelled by way of Beaumont just to get here... small world isnt it."

Name:  Unicorns1.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  93.5 KB

Just testin my uploading capabilities...based on the the tutorial....hope this works...