Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
Profiler8
Grade 1

Fast races, slow races ?

Hi,

I am useing RDSS and I have some really nice results, but how can I figure out the Pace of the race. I have tried it with Quirin Speed points, but there are often races, which have three Early horses and one of them wins. I have read in many books, that the pace collapsed, when there are too many Early horses.

Today in the first race at Monmouth there were three Early Pace horses and three Early Pressers (Quirin Styles: E7 + E6 + E2 + EP 4 + EP3 + EP3).
The winner was the E6 horse.

How can I handicap these races or are these non betting races ?

Thanks...

Greetings
Tim
Profiler8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
grahors
Grade 1

I don't have the file, but did the E6 horse a distinct EP advantage over the other E's??
You are right in thinking the E's (and even EP's with 5 or more Quirrin pts..they sometimes get caught up in early pace battles..IMO) should fade out of the win picture. UNLESS, one is dominating...negates everything. IMO.
Cecil
grahors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
Profiler8
Grade 1

Hi Cecil,

yes, the six had a good advantage. I thought Woodbine is a little bit faster, so I exclude the horse.

But you are right.

Thanks...

Greetings
Tim
Profiler8 is offline   Reply With Quote