Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 03-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
patecatl
AlwNW2X

Oaklawn Thursday Race 4

I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone helping me out with my questions over the past couple weeks. Ive been getting alot of usefull information. Yesterday I took a gamble and dropped 20$ win on Just a Wildflower. It paid off. After looking at the PPs, I narrowed it down to #6 Merry Mittens, #3 JustAWildflower, #9 Taylor Moonbeam and #10 Bow St Runner. Looking at 9 and 10 as E for both, I went with 6 and 3. 6 Being a P and 3 being E/P I was pretty solid they would beat out 9 and 10.

It was down to Just a Wildflower and Merry Mittens. These 2 had previous tandems. Merry Mittens had ended up ahead of JustAWildFlower both times. What made me pick the #3 over the 6 was the fact that #3 has been improving since its last layoff, consistently. And with #6 being the favorite at 4/5 there was no value there. So I took a chance and put $20 win on #3.Stupid cuz I usually dont do more than 5$ but it paid off. If there is some angles I missed please let me know. Thanks everyone
Attached Images

patecatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
patecatl
AlwNW2X

And the PPs
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
lenabugg
AlwNW2X

Glad you hit but you have not said how you picked the race or what paclines you used or software.
lenabugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
PeteC
Grade 1

Congratulations on hitting this one. I wish I had something to add but honestly this is not my kind of race. As I scan the PP's for this one my "mind's eye" is telling me to move on.

You found something that worked for you though which is great. In some of Richie's old threads he talked about priming your mind's eye before matching new races. He said a good way to do that is to go over a few past races that you won. Maybe you can keep this one in your file.

As far as any technical stuff about this race, as I said it's beyond me but maybe some of the other guys can help.

Pete
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
patecatl
AlwNW2X

Lena I used my calculator for this one. Pete I've been getting out all my old papers from past races in an effort to see whats working for me and whats not. The hardest part for me lately is betting. Determining which bets to make is what has been hurting me as of late. Alot of times I sit back after a race and wonder why I didnt bet Horse A instead of B. I can easily say about 1/3 of my losses are on races I had the winning horse as one of my picks but didnt bet it or keyed another horse on an exotic.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Hi patecat...after reading your post thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth...notice you have indecision when wagering as maybe we all do from time to time when the brain isn't working up to par...but then I saw where u are betting exotics. Are you keeping long term records on your win bets??? Please read follow up manuals on exotic wagering
FU #78 page 35 and FU #84 page 55...where doc writes about keeping records and not betting exotics at all until your records show that you can show a profit on paper first...the follow up manuals are probably the best thing to have in your possession..yea it takes a long time to read and re-read...I spend a portion of every week re-reading docs instructions...it creates good habits and profitable ones too....best
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

Good stuff guys

My new years goal was to stop betting exotics

I fell back a few times early on but it was not until I followed my second goal
to keep better records that I saw that I am on the correct path

Its so easy to think your doing well

" well I was going to do the exacta" when the price is posted
is a tricky slope

Writing down EVERY bet is a real learning tool

Good work
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
lenabugg
AlwNW2X

I Thank You for your reply.I was thinking it may be something to use with RDSS.
lenabugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
patecatl
AlwNW2X

Quote:
" well I was going to do the exacta" when the price is posted
is a tricky slope

Good work
LOL I know this all too well. Happened yesterday twice. Thanks for the advice
Old 03-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
patecatl
AlwNW2X

The more I look back on this past weekend. Im going to not do exotics, not even exactas until I feel comfortable and consistant with Win picks