Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #21
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Rich, when you say 100% raw data does that include your outputs: total energy, velocity figures, etc. I know you choose your pace lines by way of original/raw times but are you still allowing Trackmaster adjustments to stand or are you taking advantage of Ted’s new feature in minimizing or completely deleting any DTV or ITV adjustments?

Robert
Morning "Mu",
Completely deleted ALL adjustments.

Only thing in play is equalizing lines to todays distance and after working with the table used for a long time it is remarkably close to Jim's 6.2 seconds per 1/2 furlong.

Outputs are raw. Right now I believe this is the only software offering this raw look at things if one so chooses.Regardless it's pretty nice to click 2 tabs and have your personal preferences done for you
ok
Richie
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #22
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Morning "Mu",
Completely deleted ALL adjustments.

Only thing in play is equalizing lines to todays distance and after working with the table used for a long time it is remarkably close to Jim's 6.2 seconds per 1/2 furlong.

Outputs are raw. Right now I believe this is the only software offering this raw look at things if one so chooses.Regardless it's pretty nice to click 2 tabs and have your personal preferences done for you
ok
Richie
Rich:

I whole heartedly agree and it is great to hear you say that since you have been working with the Match Up and Jim for some time now. To my way of thinking the Match Up methodology is a visual concept based on raw times and you need to stay as close as possible to everything original in order to realize consistent good results.

The RDSS program update as to adjustments allows us to match with minimal adjustments and it now gives us true (clean) Match Up/Sartin type outputs/figures to consider as to TPR, TE, Velocity, POR, etc. This capability for matchers is unique via the RDSS program. Ted continues to support our matching endeavors which make his program easily the best out there from our point of view. I wonder what “The Hat” would think about this. I hope he is doing well.

Robert
Old 02-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #23
froggy
Grade 1

Richie,

When you say you picked the running lines with the top two squares, are these the same running lines that would have had the best Perceptor ratings?

Froggy
Old 02-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #24
RichieP
Grade 1

"Hat's" feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Rich:
I wonder what “The Hat” would think about this. I hope he is doing well.
Robert
I was on the phone with Hat last night for quite a while laying out what the 8 races I posted from 2/9 showed. He listened VERY closely to the things I did and made some comments/suggestions.

The "power lines" selector is a very good START to getting a software to reproduce HIS choice of lines. It needs some tweaking and he wants me to keep him informed as to what is going on with this.Nice that he is gonna be my "adviser" on this project!

He was pleased with the results of 1 horse betting those races posted. He "knew" exactly what should point to the winning horse. Trust me when I tell you he is NOT someone easily pleased. I am dead serious.

So now it's back to work on this project Robert. I want HIS choice of Power Lines to be chosen over 90% of the time. Ted is good enough to work with me on this.

Richie
Old 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #25
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy View Post
Richie,

When you say you picked the running lines with the top two squares, are these the same running lines that would have had the best Perceptor ratings?

Froggy
Frog
I have NOT checked against perceptor to be honest. I'd rather not speculate as to what the answer to your question would be.

Let's just say that "Power Lines" involve pace of race and not just final time(speed rating etc). This first KEY ingredient has to be done to Hat's satisfaction otherwise calling it a power line would be a dis service to the man who taught me the concept over a year ago ok?

Please bear with me for a while as there has NEVER been a software that could in any way shape or form reproduce some of the things Hat does regarding matching horses using RAW data. This is exactly what is being worked on NOW. It ain't easy man. Trust me on that. But in my mind there is no question that it CAN be done

With Jim giving me feedback on this project and Ted's willingness to help us "matchers" dreams can become reality
Old 02-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #26
froggy
Grade 1

Thanks Richie,

Froggy

VIVA RDSS

PS: What is this newsletter that I've seen mentioned?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 AM   #27
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Frog

With Jim giving me feedback on this project and Ted's willingness to help us "matchers" dreams can become reality
Rich:

I have been thinking this way instinctively for a long time-- that is why I have been bugging Ted so much on control over Trackmaster adjustments. It is exciting to see that we can now experiment some with different program outputs that remain honest to the Match Up methodology’s use of original times. I wish I could work with you in your research but I am a weekend warrior when it comes to handicapping these days with usually just one track per day.

Good luck and hopefully rich findings —

Robert
Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #28
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy View Post
Richie,

Froggy
Nope, it's a separate paceline selection method following Match Up priciples - fastest lines from the horse's entire PPs based on unadjusted (i.e. excluding DTV and ITV) Pace of Race Total Energy (or adjusted, if you like) where the horse ran well. And that's for starters - I'm sure this will get fine-tuned as time goes on.

Perceptor Total (or the old F6 paceline indicator from Validator) is another - completely valid, yet distinct, approach to choosing a paceline(s) to represent the horse in today's Analysis. This new Paceline Indicator thing (Powerlines?) is in no way intended to replace the time-honoured best-of-last-three, similar distance/surface (aided by Perceptor Total). It's just a different approach - for those who practice the Match Up methods. It's simply an initial attempt to automate what you should be doing anyway if you've been studying the Match Up all this time.

Froggy, keep using Perceptor to find strong lines for a horse if that works consistently for you!!

As time goes on, I will develop a collection of automated paceline selection methods, which we can tweak, use to create the initial selection of lines, then fine-tune your analysis from there (or try some brute-force spot plays like Richie is doing).

I think it is important, with the advent of greater choice, to not mix paceline selection methods without conducting your own analysis into how each method works consistently for you. If you follow the Match Up, try the 'Powerline' thing. If you follow the classic (energy-related) Methodology (is that a term?) use best-of-last 3 or so, etc. Experiment by all means - open yourself up to new insights - just not during show-time (when you're putting money on the line), do it first in your workshop.

Trying for an update tonight...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #29
mufasa
Grade 1

Ted, you are doing a great job with the updates on the RDSS program. Appreciate all of your help in trying to help us with our own preferred methodologies get as much as we can via the RDSS Program. Experimentation if it is your “cup of tea” is a good thing in trying to realize a way of playing this game that is grounded in your beliefs or preferences. No other reputable software out there that I know of allows for this type of somewhat freedom in testing without the need for special programming skills.

Robert
Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #30
froggy
Grade 1

Ted,

VIVA RDSS

Froggy