Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > October Contest
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

October Contest Enter your selections and SCREEN SHOTS and explanations here. Please start a new Thread with your User Name as Title

Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
barb craven
Grade 1

Barb Craven October Contest

My Way is the same as September, but I'll post it here again.

As I'm one of those that play in the moment and look for value, not necessarily the winner, I thought I would post my way of looking at a race at the beginning of the month. I tend to play the smaller tracks because the prices are better there, and as you will see as you read further, I don't eliminate down to the best five horses until after I have looked at all the RDSS screens because a good long shot might be missed . I don't usually post in here until about 5 mpt and make my bet at 0 mpt so it's impossible for me to put my reasoning down at that time.

I start by using the automatic line selection, best of the last three perceptor, and then go over each horse to make sure that is the line I want to use. I use the adjusted speed rating to do this. I sometimes will go back more than three races to get the line I think best represents what I think the horse will do today. For that I take into consideration the number of days back the line is. I'm looking for what he can do on similar distance and surface. I like to see it within 90 days but if he has worked out I will go back a little further. For turf, I will take his best line, within reason, but will go back further if I have to.

After I have the lines picked, I let RDSS take over. I look first at the POH screen. For the sprints, I pay attention to F#1&2, SC and TS, for routes I look more at F#3 and DCL. Next I look at the energy screen. Here I look at the Energy, FX, E/EP and TPP for sprints and Energy, FW, L/EP and TPP for routes. Unlike most I skip over the TPR screen to the Segments and look at the CBL and if it is a route, also the incremental matchup. Then in Primary I eliminate down to 5, sometimes I'm able to get to 4 or 3, then on to BL. I am a colour person, so on this screen I look for the hoses with the most red and green as I have been doing all along with all the other screens, This time I pay attention also to the corollaries as well as I have found them to be a very powerful reinforcement.

Now to decide who to bet on. If there is a strong early favourite and another who looks like might be equally strong, but coming in late, I will bet against the favourite and put a win, place on the next one, especially if it is in my third BL tier which I have found for me wins more often than not. If there are two horses I like, I will bet them both to win. Lately I have found a new thing to look for, coming from Rev. Bert, who looks for patterns in everything. We found that if you see a pattern of yellows show up at Finger Lakes, that horse will be in the money and often win.

There is probably more I could add to this, but this is the general way I do things. Having explained the way I do a race, all you will see in the September contest is the screen shots, more than one if I have time, but of course at least one.

Good skill everyone.

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-02-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: formatting
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
barb craven
Grade 1

10/07

prx r7 $60w #6
$40w #11
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
barb craven
Grade 1