Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 12-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
sq764
AlwNW3X

Can you export an entire card to one excel tab?

Is there a way to export an entire race card to one excel file? If this has ben mentioned before somewhere sorry..
Old 12-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Check ALL lines from ALL horses to the Analysis screen, then Export to Excel, then collate in another worksheet by tab, or however. I've never tried this. Depending on how many lines that is, it may or may not work. Try it and let us know.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 12-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
sq764
AlwNW3X

Maybe I asked this wrong... Instead of individually exporting each race's BL screen to seperate excel spreadsheets, is there a way to put all 9 or 10 BL screens on one spreadsheet?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Yes, check out Richie's video on using the Export to Excel, then copying single lines (i.e. the Winner's) to a spreadsheet for your track, distance and surface.

If you want all 5 lines (say, for 5 race contenders) per race to appear in one sheet, not just the Winner's line, then simply copy and paste all lines in the Excel export file. Not sure what this would achieve though. Can you explain your goal? To model factors, you probably want to capture what the Winner did from the line you chose for it (or perhaps the Place horse, in a separate model).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
sq764
AlwNW3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Yes, check out Richie's video on using the Export to Excel, then copying single lines (i.e. the Winner's) to a spreadsheet for your track, distance and surface.

If you want all 5 lines (say, for 5 race contenders) per race to appear in one sheet, not just the Winner's line, then simply copy and paste all lines in the Excel export file. Not sure what this would achieve though. Can you explain your goal? To model factors, you probably want to capture what the Winner did from the line you chose for it (or perhaps the Place horse, in a separate model).

Ted
Say for sake of ease, I wanted to take a printout of 2 or 3 racecards to simulcast from RDSS exports. (The actual BL ratings for 2 or 3 tracks) and I wanted all the races for each track on one sheet..
Old 12-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Take at look at the Excel Sheets posted by Seattlesnake. Among other data, he has made screen captures of the BL/BL screen with his final contenders, with all the colours and ranks and markings, and pasted it into his worksheet. You could do that, one tab for each card, one race's BL/BL (or other) screen after the other, with any notes you might want to add as cues for betting or reminders.

I think the raw output of factors to an Excel file, factor ranks and numbers would be very much less intuitive to read and way overkill and mind-numbing - not the intent of that Export to Excel feature.

You can paste your screen captures into Excel, or Word, or an Outlook message, or a RTF file composed in Wordpad, or whatever. I suggest retaining the nice markups amd impactful nature of the Analysis screen formatting in RDSS.

Ted

R
DSS -