Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-27-2024, 08:18 PM   #1
glass_oni0n
AlwNW1X

RDSS Takes Down the Pegasus World Cup

I've had a tough month grinding for winners at Aqueduct and Oaklawn Park, but RDSS came through with an absolute grand slam today at Gulfstream.

Anyone who has ever read Steve Crist's essential "Exotic Betting," will know of a pretty common trifecta build I use for myself, essentially keying one horse to finish first or second in combinations such as this:
$1 Tri - A/B,C,D/B,C,D,E,F
$1 Tri - B,C,D/A/B,C,D,E,F

Race 10 offered an interesting opportunity as RDSS completely faded the ML favorite, 4 Star Fortress, and she was nowhere, dead last. I debated between Fluffy Socks and Didia as my key for the triple, eventually opting for Fluffy Socks. My C and D horses were Ruby Nell and 26-1 bomb Surprisingly. Those who watched the race will know Didia came in first, with 26-1 Surprisingly running second, Ruby Nell third and Fluffy Socks fourth by 1.75 lengths....Credit to RDSS for labeling Surprsingly as a 1 in VDC, and shame on me for blowing a $248.25 Tri on the Chad Brown/Irad combination.

Thankfully, I dug back into the box for races 12 and 13. Though my 44-1 Double with Warm Heart and Senor Buscador went down in defeat, RDSS led me to the following Tri combinations for the Pegasus:
$1 - 6/3,4,7/1,3,4,7,11
$1 - 3,4,7/6/1,3,4,7,11
4 factor handicapping came through with three clear prime contenders, Buscador, Hoist the Gold and National Treasure. Nimitz Class, Dynamic One and Crupi all rated top 3 in total energy, and the only other horses registering BL odds lower than 20-1, so they all went in to fill out the spread. Though I wish my big score came from a week's worth of modeling turn time and hidden energy over 6f at Aqueduct, when I saw Frankie Dettori slither by in the St. Elias colors on Crupi for show behind National Treasure and Senor Buscador, I had to thank RDSS for a $581.90 trifecta score! If only they were all that easy
glass_oni0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 08:56 PM   #2
MJS6916
Grade 1

That's great Glass. Closing out the day with a good tri hit never hurts.

Mike

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 11:50 PM   #3
Lt1
Grade 1

Congrats Glass. Great work constructing your ticket.
Tim
Old 01-28-2024, 08:34 AM   #4
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Boom!!

Great work, and congratulations!
RDSS is really, really good.
Put the work in, and get rewarded.

Only 97 days until the Kentucky Derby.

Jon
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 03:38 PM   #5
darmar
Grade 1

That's a great play you made Glass Big time kudos. I feel your pain with AQU , I had a few P3's wiped out there last week as well Keep up the good work
Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 01:07 PM   #6
CheckMark
Conley

Nicely done, Glass!

I had a rough day (no betting, just picks) on Pegasus WC, so I'm glad that someone else knocked it out of the park!
Old 02-02-2024, 09:06 PM   #7
glass_oni0n
AlwNW1X

Thank you all

At the start of next week I'm going to do a write-up on the trends I've been finding at Aqueduct. Using my modeling I was able to hedge into an $87 exacta on today's second race. Of particular note, the top 3 in VDC is currently projecting the place finisher in 7f dirt races at a 92% rate

Brian
glass_oni0n is offline   Reply With Quote