Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS Beta Testers Questions & Answers - CLOSED
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Beta Testers Questions & Answers - CLOSED Please make new posts in the main RDSS Forum

Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
dcox
Avid Student

Segments screen ?

Ted or someone with answer,

The segment screen BL part, is that based on today's race or pace projection?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

David,

It's based on the so-called Dream Race concept: best Call1, Call2 and Final Call times of the horse (i.e. NOT pace of race) of the set of pacelines selected, expressed in units resembling beaten lengths. Thus, the line with fastest first call will show BL = 0 (red) and other lines will show greater than 0.

A horse who can set the pace at BOTH the 1st and 2nd calls (or very near to it) is a horse I will never overlook regardless of how low its Total Energy might be, i.e. when I eliminate lower TE horses to get a reasonable set of contenders (e.g. 5 lines), I want to know if anyone displayed such a profile, and I may choose to retain it in favour of a horse with better TE. They are the horse to catch. They may not have what it takes to finish first, but they will affect the pace and may remain in-the-money.

Similarly, using a set of lines for a single horse can reveal improvement to the 2nd call point: sometimes all you need to know in the case of maidens or lightly raced horses. In fact, I think this readout belongs as one of those shown for EACH horse itself, as it is can be a good aid in observing form cycles.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 08-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
dcox
Avid Student

Thanks Ted for your detailed and informative answer. I have found this screen to be very good!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

David,

I also continue to warm up to that screen! Also not forgetting the related but different 3 panels on the right side of the Segments screen, especially the 3rd panel, which in Spec mode shows the F3 plus True Speed ranking (in Val mode it shows the relative VDC value and rank).

When the Incremental Match Up panel 3 matches the gist of the CBL screen, it is often a very strong confirmation.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 08-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Quote:
When the Incremental Match Up panel 3 matches the gist of the CBL screen, it is often a very strong confirmation.

The Incermental Match Up can point you towards the Nyzak's of this world
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlie D; 08-12-2008 at 07:47 PM.