Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #11
JoeLong
Grade 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post

Steve, I have a copy of Val M and from what I can recall, it is a manual input program that does have the capabilities to save the file that was created.

Speedplus uses DRF files and once you have picked your pacelines the program gives you the ability to save it in a format that is compatible with
most Sartin programs (New or Old Format).
This gives you the ability to by-pass the Aodds data files which as you know cost twice the price of the generic DRF file.
The value of a program that does these conversions would superceed the intial cost of the program.
SpeedPlus went for about $ 150.00.
Hi Partsnut,

I too am a registered user of Speed+ and have experimented creating Energy files with it. But, I have found the process just too awkward and convoluted to be of any value and far inferior to using Aodds 98 as a contender/paceline selector for Energy.

Sign up for the Bris Silver plan and HAT data files are just $1, same as standard DRF files.

I am worried about the future if Bris should decide to discontinue creating HAT files though. Maybe some effort should be put into creating a conversion utility to create HAT files from DRF files.

Joe.
JoeLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #12
thelyingthief
Grade 2

what is your problem with speed+? check your properties window, and make sure you have window (vs. full screen) checked. i don't think speed plus runs in full screen mode. i have both an older and a newer version of that program (new as in ca. 2003), and both run in xp.

justin
thelyingthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #13
Slewbacca
AlwNW1X

Ted.

Is RDSS going to save the pacelines as raw or as adjusted?

REcik
Slewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #14
Slewbacca
AlwNW1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLong View Post
Hi Partsnut,

Sign up for the Bris Silver plan and HAT data files are just $1, same as standard DRF files.

I am worried about the future if Bris should decide to discontinue creating HAT files though. Maybe some effort should be put into creating a conversion utility to create HAT files from DRF files.

Joe.
Joe

Randy Kovach some years ago released a patch for Aodds that allowed it to use BRIS single files. Unfortunately I lost it. Maybe Jimmy still has a copy available.
Slewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewbacca View Post
Ted.

Is RDSS going to save the pacelines as raw or as adjusted?

REcik
Both. Discussion continued here.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:20 PM   #16
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewbacca View Post
Joe

Randy Kovach some years ago released a patch for Aodds that allowed it to use BRIS single files. Unfortunately I lost it. Maybe Jimmy still has a copy available.
If anyone has this, I would appreciate it. I doubt aodds will get rid of the "hat" files, but you never know.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #17
Houndog
Grade 1

Aodds No Longer featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
If anyone has this, I would appreciate it. I doubt aodds will get rid of the "hat" files, but you never know.

Jim
Jim, since they no longer feature AODDS Silver in their free program downloads as they did in the past I would tend to agree with you. I have also used George Green's Speedplus program, but as other posts have suggested (Joe Long) the process is way to cumbersome to save these files to be used by Energy. AODDS acccomplishes this much easier, and Ted's RDSS should be able to do the same.

If I find the Bris conversion program I will let you know. I don't even remember what that program was called. I also have earlier versions of AODDS, (1, 2, 3;etc). Maybe these older versions have something that will do this. I remember initially I was using XTOR to process these files, but that was a long time ago.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #18
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post

Jim
Jim, From what I recall, XTOR had the ability to save files after you made
your paceline selections, from a BRIS single data file to an "XTK" file that did in fact, work with earlier versions of AOdds. However, BRIS, in it's infinite wisdom and at that time ,changed the structure of the basic $ 1.00 file so that you were compelled to download the "Hat" files at a higher price. So now even the "XTK" files won't work.

The good news is that there is now a copy of SpeedPlus that does work with Windows XP that was given to me by one of our members. It was a kind and unselfish gesture that I really appreciated. It enabled me to save files for Synergism II, the Match-Up, EXDC (in Thoromation) and The older version of Energy successfully and with very little effort. The process is not that difficult. It amounts to some reading of the help files, which are contained within the program.

So if you are using AOdds for only it's conversion factors, you have an option to go with the basic file if you wish.
However AOdds has some other features such as Auto Paceline selection, The Modeler and Plot graph that would be hard to pass up.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #19
JimG
Grade 1

Partsnut,

Thank you for the the reply.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote