Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #11
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Working on defining collections of similar races, by day (some might call these 'Portfolios'). I call them My Races.
You'll be able to create your own collections, filtered and sorted as you like.

Ideas welcomed!

Ted
Ted,

This is a nice feature and as I understand this if you see several of your favorite
types of races offered by a track you can then pay for the card.

My thought is....will it be possible to create custom cards from several tracks
per day so the user can access a card that contains ONLY all of their favorite
types of races ?

For example: Say a user wants only to play 8F dirt races (Claiming only).
Then the software will search all tracks and extract these specific races and
create a custom card that the user can download and be billed for.
The track conditions should be noted alongside each race. The times of each
race should not conflict. The standard could be 8 races but if it is not
possible to extract 8 say a minimum of 5 could be offered.
You need the concurence of Trackmaster.
As I am writing this I see a lot of factors have to be worked out.
Then there are issues I am not aware of.

But this is just an idea that would be a boon for those users
who consistently profit from specific types of races.

Ernie
Old 07-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRun View Post
My thought is....will it be possible to create custom cards from several tracks per day so the user can access a card that contains ONLY all of their favorite types of races ?
Ernie,

Highly unlikely. As a matter of fact, they asked me if that was my intention with this (it wasn't) and that not only was it a technical challenge they'd be reluctant to consider, but there was likely a very small market for it overall, given their experience with similar poorly-faring ideas in their existing product lineup.

Consider that existing individual race cards have rather a bit of 'filler' in them (albeit different filler for different folks): races you're really not interested in from a bettor's point of view (though owners may sure want maiden 2YO and Turf sprints with 5 horses with guaranteed running prizes, and some tracks struggling to fill even 8 races a day). You could say that for the actually valuable races you get from buying 1 card now, it's over priced. However, paying for, say 4 cards to get 8 races where every race is one where your records show you have an edge - that cost of $1.50 x 4 = $6.00 (Regular plan) may be quite a bargain (and anyway, better than the printed DRF ).

In fact, I'm not shy to say I hope it promotes more data sales - but at the same time much more value to the user.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-29-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #13
Ted Craven
Grade 1

July 28, Turf Routes, 7.5 - 8.5 furlongs

Name:  myraces10.gif
Views: 198
Size:  34.5 KB

R
DSS -
Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Quote:

However, paying for, say 4 cards to get 8 races where every race is one where your records show you have an edge - that cost of $1.50 x 4 = $6.00 (Regular plan) may be quite a bargain (and anyway, better than the printed DRF ).

Ted
Ok...referring to the above is an excellent option.

Ernie
Old 07-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
cdax
Grade 1

Great feature

Ted,

I think this is a great feature for the new release. I do have a couple questions tho.

1 - You stated earlier about playing with other "race specs" for coding purposes and had made mention of "spot plays". I was wondering if filtering can include the horse's pps. Example:

Filter for today's race = Dirt Sprint (5.5 f to 7 f) where an entrant ran on the lead at 1c and 2c in last two races which were Turf Routes.

If not, then just have to manually browse the selected races.

2 - On your list of "My races" screen, can they be sorted by post time instead of alpha. ?

Thanks for all your work and support.

Chris
Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Chris,

1. The search itself is not a problem. I'm not sure how fancy retrieval conditions I can mount on an automated server though, compared to retrieval conditions you could run yourself if you had all the data. There could be any kind of condition you want (such a horse had to run within last 35 days and had 2 works > 85 SR, must not be 'gray' , etc, etc). What I'm showing here results from the online-RDSS simply creating a list of ALL races for the day, then in your own RDSS you specify your own composed filters and sorts against that list (obtained free from the RDSS server). You could not make further queries which involved horses' PPs unless you had those PPs. Maybe I could make a way to submit custom queries to the online-RDSS for such requests as you suggest - but first things first...

2. Here you go. Your query would simply be sorted by post-time, either as part of the default query, or ad hoc. (I haven't finished making post times shown in your local time zone yet).

Name:  myraces1.gif
Views: 182
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  myraces2.gif
Views: 178
Size:  43.1 KB

R
DSS -
Old 07-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #17
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Ernie,

Highly unlikely. As a matter of fact, they asked me if that was my intention with this (it wasn't) and that not only was it a technical challenge they'd be reluctant to consider, but there was likely a very small market for it overall, given their experience with similar poorly-faring ideas in their existing product lineup.

Consider that existing individual race cards have rather a bit of 'filler' in them (albeit different filler for different folks): races you're really not interested in from a bettor's point of view (though owners may sure want maiden 2YO and Turf sprints with 5 horses with guaranteed running prizes, and some tracks struggling to fill even 8 races a day). You could say that for the actually valuable races you get from buying 1 card now, it's over priced. However, paying for, say 4 cards to get 8 races where every race is one where your records show you have an edge - that cost of $1.50 x 4 = $6.00 (Regular plan) may be quite a bargain (and anyway, better than the printed DRF ).

In fact, I'm not shy to say I hope it promotes more data sales - but at the same time much more value to the user.

Ted
Hi Ted,

As you know, I download from Trackmaster too, although not the same files as RDSS users, and because of what I do, I have to have the unlimited plan, but I thought I would throw my two cents in here anyway.

If an RDSS user plays and average of just one race card per day, they are spending $45 a month based on the rate of $1.50 per card.

I don't know the cost of of an "unlimited" plan for RDSS users, but it seems to me that the yardstick to measure with should be the cost of an "unlimited download plan" of the files they need for RDSS vs. the number of individual race cards they download in a month.

If the cost comes anywhere close, one should consider the "unlimited" plan. That way they can download as many race cards per month as they can handle, probably MORE than they can handle, for possibly something near the cost they are already incurring.

Just a thought.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The breakeven (for the PP only plan) is 92 cards/month. Unlimited = $120/month. Otherwise, (except for pay-go @ $2.00 each) the first 20 cards costs $30 then the next 72 costs $1.25 each = $90 (+ $30 = $120). (Bundled Charts+PPs plan = 103 cards breakeven.)

Many folks don't download 92 cards / month. But if you got to work your edge more by focusing on races where you believe you have one, folks might download a bit more than they do now, though less than needed to justify Unlimited. Would depend on how many days/month and how many cards/day.

Hopefully, it all enhances the users' options. Some data providers offer only unlimited monthly options. Anyway, I've always thought that data costs are the smallest cost of this business/hobby.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #19
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
The breakeven (for the PP only plan) is 92 cards/month. Unlimited = $120/month. Otherwise, (except for pay-go @ $2.00 each) the first 20 cards costs $30 then the next 72 costs $1.25 each = $90 (+ $30 = $120). (Bundled Charts+PPs plan = 103 cards breakeven.)

Many folks don't download 92 cards / month. But if you got to work your edge more by focusing on races where you believe you have one, folks might download a bit more than they do now, though less than needed to justify Unlimited. Would depend on how many days/month and how many cards/day.

Hopefully, it all enhances the users' options. Some data providers offer only unlimited monthly options. Anyway, I've always thought that data costs are the smallest cost of this business/hobby.

Ted
I have to agree with you, Ted. The more you have to choose from the better off you are.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1

July 31, 8f Turf routes

Name:  myraces3.gif
Views: 157
Size:  21.2 KB

R
DSS -