Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 02-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Rdss new feature

Check this out. On each horse's pp you will see I chose the top 2 running lines based on the software "looking" around for fast lines. They are the red and green squares just to the left of the "age".

OK I keep choices when it is apples to apples for ex - route to route- sprint to sprint - turf to turf etc. I do NOT use slop lines on fast tracks.

Once lines are selected then it becomes a matter if we feel the horse is in some semblance of shape/form whatever.

Here is the only race i worked so far today. Been working on the house here most of the last 2 days and have been tied up (with rope ). I just looked at the result and thought it was pretty cool. I did NOT bet the race.

Here are the pp's for the field. In 2 cases I believe there are no lines selected. I think you will see the reasoning why.

I accepted the 7 off layoff because he had strong works and consistently worked leading to today.
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

continuing with pp's
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

rest of field's pp's
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

ok now this I thought was kinda cool man. here are the resulting screen shots of those lines. Mill around a bit and see what you see.

velocity
energy
Tpr
Primary
Bl/bl

tabs are shown here
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Now here is the result chart of the race. Interesting if you check the Tpr screen and both the numbers and the "sticks". Then look at the result chart of HOW the race ran.

This sucker nails it man. Early/late

Ted this is pretty darn good work at this early stage amigo.

Richie
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
mufasa
Grade 1

Rich, these new features look to be very interesting and helpful in picking pace lines but perhaps more important in giving us speed to move through race cards. Speed in handicapping allows us when desired to handicap more than one card as we look for special plays or good odds at different tracks.

What do the lines represent by the date and distance of race? What about the lines at the positions in race area? Are you saying that the colored squares by the horses age is pace lines that the program picks against fastest half with some performance criteria? The ability to decline any Trackmaster adjustments is a favorite feature for me as to straight up Match Up analysis and corresponding program outputs. These features look to be very helpful in working your way through the card. I cannot wait for the update.

Robert
Old 02-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #7
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post

What do the lines represent by the date and distance of race? What about the lines at the positions in race area? Are you saying that the colored squares by the horses age is pace lines that the program picks against fastest half with some performance criteria? The ability to decline any Trackmaster adjustments is a favorite feature for me as to straight up Match Up analysis and corresponding program outputs. These features look to be very helpful in working your way through the card. I cannot wait for the update.

Robert
Hey "Mu"
The lines by date/dist look like markers to signal a layoff of 30 days or more. Ted?

The lines at the positions in race area are showing power moves. Gain of 3 or more positions between calls OR a lead horse who opens up to at least 3 length command of the race.

You do have the choice to turn adjustments off (for all intents and purposes) in the new "configure" area

Richie
Old 02-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just a few quick screenshots for now - I'm working on an update for the next 24-48 hours.

Here is the new Configuration Settings Window, where you can have some control over the adjustment process (warning, warning, etc), and control over several categories of screen markups:

Name:  config.gif
Views: 486
Size:  26.6 KB

Here's a look at an Original data screen showing some new markups for Powerlines (best unadjusted Pace of Race), Powermoves (strong position gains) and Layoff intervals (according to your definitions).

Name:  gp0211-8.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  86.8 KB

I'll have more documentation and details about what it all means and how you might use it, hopefully along with a video tutorial, in a few days. These items are mainly intended to help support the Match Up practice (one of a number of ways of using RDSS, though not the only way ).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #9
dodeca
AlwNW1X

Love the new features Ted. I always print the races I handicap and highlight any moves in the last two races. Many times points to a horse coming into form.
Caught a nice 22.00 horse at hou last night, the last race move allowed me to go 8 back for a paceline.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dodeca,

Congratulations on that winner! Seems like the 'moves' thing will be valuable, though I think some will want to customize what constitutes a move and when to show it (which will have to wait until later).

Just for anyone's information: no-one missed an update! Folks are just commenting either on what they do now, or what they see on Richie's testing examples (Mufasa got an update to test the Configure Screen, unrelated to Powermoves/Powerlines).

The next update should be in a day

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™