Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Phase I, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Bigger

Hello
Does anybody who is using Dos Box for the older programs
know how I can make the window a little bigger

Here is yesterdays BC mile winner readouts
on my entropy program

I am showing it with the RDSS screen
for scale I would like the screen to be a little bigger but I can't figure out how to do it

I can work with this or go full screen but
a little bigger window would help

Bill
Attached Images
 
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
For The Lead
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
Hi Bill,

First, I do not have "dos box" so there is little I can tell you about that. However, I do have an old dos program, dbaseIV. When I use dbase on Windows XP I can use the program in full screen mode. When I use it in Windows Vista
I cannot. When dbase starts in VISTA I get a warning that VISTA does not support full screen mode for the program I am loading. Perhaps "dos box" has the same issue.
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
For The Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Hi FTL
Dos Box will let you use the program in a window
My problem is the window is to small
For my taste I was looking for help
On how to fix this
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
For The Lead
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
Bill,

What I was trying to say is this, if you are running on WINDOWS VISTA perhaps it is that operating system that is preventing you from making the window larger, DosBox or no DosBox.

As I indicated, my old dos version programs will run in full screen mode on WINDOWS XP but not in WINDOWS VISTA.

What I am saying is, perhaps there is nothing you can do to make the DosBox window larger. I don't know for sure, but if someone comes along with an answer, let me know.

Thanks,
FTL

P.S.-perhaps Ted has some insight
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
For The Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
ok

I am using windows xp
I know Richie has vista and I think
He can work with dos box
So he sees the old programs in non full screen
Mode

Maybe Ted could help Bill from Brooklyn
Inside joke
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Morning Bill
I get the same thing as you with Dosbox/Vista:
1) the small screen
2) the full screen

I have been trying to find something in between but cant so far

chaos and fractals
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
winning
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 105
Hi Ted,

How do you return it back to the way it was. I change the font size, and the
program VAl4 didn't work.

Thanks a lot,

Brian
winning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
Rverge
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pittsburgh, now! Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,531
bill and all, i tried to download dosbox and for some reason down loaded this program called "Tame" (tame60rc14 as it reads on my vista desktop) and spec 160 fills the entire screen. i can not do it w/ dosbox.
www.tamedos.com is the site
__________________
i love every single minute of life, and, if one is lucky,then you must give it to others.
Rverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by winning View Post
Hi Ted,

How do you return it back to the way it was. I change the font size, and the
program VAl4 didn't work.

Thanks a lot,

Brian
Brian,

I changed the font back to size = 14 and the DOS screen became smaller. Val4 continued to work for me. Try closing Val4 then opening it again. If there's a problem, can you describe with a bit more detail how it does not work.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
winning
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 105
Hi Ted,

I play around with the settings after I e-mail the group,
and it works fine now.

Thank-you.

Brian.
winning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Ideas MIKE1121 Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 51 10-30-2008 10:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.