|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Grade 1 Aspiree
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 678
|
FPLR example -WRD R4 4/26
I thought Richie's FPLR post the other day was excellent and although
I never used the "Matchup" concepts, nor do I fully understand them, there is no doubt that the "Matchup" is a solid winning technique. So there I was playing "Will Rogers Downs" or "I never met a horse I didn't like". I am up to race 4, a 5.5 f sprint. Looking at the PP's the "FPLR" concept flashes in front of my eyes for the 7 horse. I am thinking ok, let me go back and evaluate each contender based on Richie's post. Fighting for the Lead from 1c-2c. Making a quick positional move from 1c-2c. What horses have won from position 1 at the first call. This is all my brain can handle at this time because I am also using RDSS and also checking the Tote-X-Ray at 2MTP. I saw the 7 horse fit the "FPLR" criteria and also the 1 horse was a strong contender and at big odds. I also liked the 3 horse. I am displaying the entire field and the summary results. After running the contenders through RDSS the 1 and 7 were confirmed as the two most early runners (displayed below). I also have noticed that in these type of situations you can virtually discount Total Energy. I am embarassed to report the bad decisions I made on subsequent races but this race kept me in the black for the day. I welcome critiques, comments from all of the "Matchers" out there. Ernie |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grade 1 Aspiree
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 678
|
WRD R$ 4/26 Con'd
Continuing....
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Thornhill ON
Posts: 438
|
Hello
Question about the rdss tabs settings. I have noticed through the read outs you have the adjusted tab open is this giving you a better read out for the match up and yes the I have to agree here the 7 horse was the horse to beat
__________________
May all wagers be Winners...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Grade 1 Aspiree
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 678
|
Quote:
I believe it is more accurate but I never made a comparison. Ernie |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
|
Quote:
A VERY GOOD observation! The search for the early horse begins with the first call NOT the second call where the race is 67% to 75% over. "Total energy" plays no part in whether or not an early horse can win. In the right situation, the early horse that backs up will give you ALL THE TOTAL ENERGY YOU NEED in order to cash a ticket !!!
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
|
Hi Ernie
I'm liking the way you are using all your tools to evaluate the race. When you are using the adjusted lines it is important to see stuff like the E/L graph showing the 2 true early runners energy wise. When they also run early positionally you have confirmation of what you are looking at. That is a real nice exacta pop if you jumped in and regardless real nice work and evaluation of the race. There are many ways to skin the cat for cash
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Grade 1 Aspiree
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 678
|
Thanks guys for the above feedback. I never gave much weight to the
first call. Every book I read always emphasized the importance of the 2nd call. I would always base my decision making in sprints around the horses that were up there at the 2nd call. So this has been an eye-opener for me. Ernie |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
|
Quote:
Like Richie, I think you are doing good work here. Keep it up and good luck!
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Arkansas Derby | Charlie D | Races of Interest | 27 | 04-16-2010 07:09 PM |
| Fplr | Capcondo | Matchup Discussion | 6 | 02-07-2010 04:22 PM |
| FPLR - Fastest Pace Last Race | Capcondo | Matchup Discussion | 0 | 01-01-2009 11:24 PM |
| "Little Cap" | RichieP | Hat Check - How Can We Help You? | 66 | 11-19-2008 08:33 AM |
| Other than Early - Voodoo pattern #2 - Hat's FPLR | RichieP | Hat Check - How Can We Help You? | 15 | 09-13-2008 05:10 AM |
|