Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
SAR 08/07 race 2

Same race as discussed in the Power move thread (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4329)

Here's a different take on this race, actually unrelated to the Power move discussion, so I'm separating it from the other thread.

For all 6 runners, take the best paceline of the last 3, similar distance and surface, use the best Perceptor Total (or Total Energy, in this case). The BL/BL and Segments screens identify pretty clearly who is the gapped best horse (add in the #3's line 9 for 2 lines better than everyone else). Check the E/L graph to see who is the most opposite energy distribution (#4).

What should the exacta box be: 3-5-4. What should the trifecta box be: 3-5-4-whatever. (Result was 3-4-5).
.
Somebody remind me why I'm not working Saratoga at the moment??

In all fairness, since I did not work this in real time (I was blabbing with Richie), I fear I might have balked at all those Earlies and headed over to the 4 to win. A reminder: if you have a documented method which throws off regular hits - work THAT method. You may miss hits you would have gotten with a different method, and that other method will miss some hits you will get with THIS method, etc. That's how we can all use the same tools and take turns all making money...sometimes on different races.



Charlie D, whether you go with Richie's take on Power move application, or the readouts I used above, the #3 looms pretty large. Use whichever (or both) of what works for you!

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-08-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Ted Craven is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saratoga Race 7 mikesal57 Selections 23 08-01-2008 06:38 PM
Paceline selection AAcoolguy General Discussion 44 07-27-2008 08:42 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.