Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-26-2016, 02:27 AM   #1
turfsup
AlwNW1X

off tracks dirt and turf

im a new member but several years back i was using thoromation very effectively // i was keeping great records on off tracks dirt and turf and i lost about 80 percent of those two horse bets so i stopped beting off tracks and stoped using pacelines from off tracks///does anyone have any ideas on this subject wit h the new track surfaces??
turfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

I never use off track lines even when the track is off. In my experience I've found that it makes no difference and the best horse still wins.

Turf races have more unknown factors in them such as horses not having 3 races over the surface and your percentages go down as a result. Many have no races over turf and are essentially maidens on turf. To increase your percentages and up your game stick to turf races where all the entrants have at least 3 starts over the surface.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Turfs. I see that you maintained records which showed you were weak in turf and off track races. I also kept records and identified where I did well and not so well. I solved this problem by confining my play to races for older horses on the dirt. I avoid 2and 3 yr old races and will play a limited amount of turf races. I still handicap races I will not play to see if I can build my ability to the point where I think it is time to dive back into the pool.
Tim
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:22 AM   #4
turfsup
AlwNW1X

dear mitch thanks for your helpful response ///i be getting the new version of rdss asap // how has the old version performed for you ??
Old 03-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1

Excellent, I would highly recommend it. I think you can start with the current version and trade up when the new version comes out, which could be several months. That'll make your transition to the new version much easier.

RDSS has all the old programs in it and later more advanced programs since Thoramation was around. I would suggest you use the later programs that are in RDSS. No more 1 or 2 adjust which drove me crazy. Check with Ted on getting started and don't bet till you get to know it.
As I said I love it and it really is very simplified as compared to earlier stuff. If you can pick contenders and pace lines you'll do good. Note: there are advanced tools to picking pace lines also such as Preceptor and every race in the horses chart is rated. No longer need to add SR + Variant etc.

Best of luck,
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:59 PM   #6
turfsup
AlwNW1X

does anyone know if aline the woman that doc mentions in the old followups or his son shane are still in the group ?if so how would i reach them