Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 05-05-2024, 04:19 PM   #1
ray lopez
Grade 1

Validator Manual-Step by Step

Valm...let's do OPX 5/5 race 4
First,you have to put in 3-yr best times.I found the 3-yr best times drom DRF
better than track records.
Then you put in the data.To me,manual is no big deal...Then the program equalizes the data...then calculates...then go to early-late graph...you can then see the Incremental Match-Up Graph...then the VDC B/L -B/L Screen...the bet is 5 and 13...I don't think it's necessary to show my ticket...13 wins...this is a bread-and-butter betting race...
Attached Images

ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 04:20 PM   #2
ray lopez
Grade 1

more screen shots...
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2024, 04:34 PM   #3
ray lopez
Grade 1

I've seen so many times that the public and even the insiders are wrong...often...Owners and trainers loading up on their own horse,only to see the poor beast lose.I saw horses listed at 12-1 morning line and being hammered to even money at 1 min to post and get nothing.I heard so many things,but i learned to pay attention to nothing other than my own opinion.I experienced being in line to bet,and changed my bet because the guy infront of me put $500 on another horse.Maybe he had 10 million dollars in the bank.All the jabbering you'll hear will do nothing other than confuse you..i learned that it's all just up to me.It's my opinion on the race and the bet that really matters...
Old 05-05-2024, 05:01 PM   #4
ray lopez
Grade 1

The number of people getting rich by taking their broker's advice can be counted on one finger or less.The same is true for handicappers.How many millionaires do we know who made their fortunes by betting on the selections of other handicappers?About the same number of unicorns:zero...The bottom line is...if you're gonna win,you gonna have to do it yourself...
Old 05-06-2024, 08:04 AM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Good advice Ray and thanks for the step by step

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 12:13 PM   #6
raceman5
Grade 1

pace lines

How are you going about picking your pace lines?

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 03:45 PM   #7
ray lopez
Grade 1

Thanks,Jeff.Hope you're doing well.

Bob,I use Val4 or Val2 in picking my lines because it's easier.It's all been equalized,normalized and adjusted...best of last 3 comparable within 90 days,give or take a few more days sometimes.I go to line 4 or 5 once in awhile.I mainly handicap mid-claiming sprints,some routes and a few turf routes.Claiming horses have a shorter form cycle window and past winners seldom repeat,so my picking pacelines revolves around those guide lines...We will be right a certain percentage of the time,so it will go down to good odds in respect to the risk we're gonna take.And above all,if you want to make money in this game,you have to bet bigger amounts as your bankroll grows.We cannot make $10,000 or more a year making $10 win bets...If you are doing it for fun or as a hobby,that's perfectly fine.But if you want to supplement your income,you have to bet bigger amounts.
Old 05-07-2024, 08:48 AM   #8
raceman5
Grade 1

Val 4

thanks Ray. Isn't Val 4 in the RDSS software ?

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 10:26 AM   #9
ray lopez
Grade 1

Yes,RDSS is Val4 and more...it's got all the bells and whistles of the advance Sartin Methodology.I always recommend it to new users...and Ted keeps improving it and adding new features.

I just keep using the old Sartin programs because it still works for me.The Doc never issued
manuals on most of the programs and i dug deeper into them and found some stuff that were never mentioned in the Follow Ups that really helps...I also have 'The Hat's' Aodds 98 Super Gold that i can export to the older programs...and lastly,i have vision problems and the older programs are soothing to my eyes and i don't get a headache when i stare in my monitor screen for a long period of time...
Old 05-07-2024, 10:47 AM   #10
ray lopez
Grade 1

I also give a special thanks to Tom Hambleton who showed me the inner workings and 'secrets' of the older programs...I think as long as there are no modifications on the past performances,i'll keep using the old programs.It keeps me in toucxh of the Doc and the great minds around him that will probably never happen again th the annals of horse race handicapping...Pizzola,Bradshaw,Brohamer,Purdy,Dick Schmidt,Tom Hambleton etc...