Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #21
classhandicapper
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 47
I know what you mean, but I almost never miss these kinds of things. I usually make a point of at least getting something in on the horse. I'm not having a good meet so far. So it stings a little. The good news is that my new watch list is producing flat bet profits without any handicapping so far. So I guess I should just take it as an encouraging sign and move on.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #22
raceman5
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Largo Fl.
Posts: 2,363
tfm could u share with us what you mean by wipe out horses? R7 Saratoga 9-1-7
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
The 1 in the 7th is an example. It's a race where all the other horses are losing ground in relation to the winner. The trick is to figure out which of them was a good setup and which wasn't. I hit enough of them but many get by me because they're too impossible to believe. Like the 45:1 that won the $500k stake at Woodbine over the weekend, that had just wiped-out a maiden claiming field. How do you bet that horse?
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #24
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
tfm could u share with us what you mean by wipe out horses? R7 Saratoga 9-1-7
Yes I was curious too, Wow the 9 Seminole Lass , how come??? Just curious again


Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #25
classhandicapper
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 47
I don't think Blewitt is a super experienced handicapper. I think he's getting "on the job" training from Serling. But I try not to criticize anyone because we all have different insights. The trick is to capitalize on what you do know and perhaps steal a few things from others, not to find other individuals' flaws. We all sound like fools from time to time when we talk about things outside out circle of competence.

I'm sure I sound like a dope when I talk about Sartin methodology, but I am open to learning from the experts here. Others may sound like dopes to me when they talk about comparative class handicapping because I've been studying that for decades.

As long as we both win, it's cool.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #26
classhandicapper
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 47
TMF,

I don't know all the components of your "wipe out" horses, but I use a similar angle.

I have found that big winners that draw off through the stretch do better if you focus on the sub group of them that are lightly raced and that are not coming out of a race where they were the dominant speed against much weaker. Lots of times a dominant speed will torch the rest of the field with a pace that's fine for it, but too fast for the inferior competition, and then draw off. Those horses are often very good, but their form is clear and they get bet.

The ones that draw off under a more normal pace scenario are sometimes WAY better than their figures indicate because they only did some serious running in the last quarter mile, but if they are lightly raced, no one knows it yet. So the prices can be more attractive. The trick is to eliminate some of the ones that were just easy trip winners (like loose lead etc..).

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-05-2009 at 04:40 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #27
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
That's fine but you and I aren't on a show playing the role of experts. Serling knows his **** when it comes to tripping but the other 2 are clueless. They shouldn't be allowed to talk about trips as neither is particular knowledgeable when it comes to them. There are people out there watching the show that are being influenced by their poor approach. They're both good at getting the Formulator stats and should stick to that.


P.S. there might be a speed/inside bias sprinting on the turf. Once it starts up there, it continues for weeks.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #28
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
AP R6

#3, is very square at 11:1 and I can't resist playing

he comes from way back and there appears to be some speed in the race

take an ebox saver with the Calabrese chalk dropdown, the 4.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
That's fine but you and I aren't on a show playing the role of experts. Serling knows his **** when it comes to tripping but the other 2 are clueless. They shouldn't be allowed to talk about trips as neither is particular knowledgeable when it comes to them. There are people out there watching the show that are being influenced by their poor approach. They're both good at getting the Formulator stats and should stick to that.


P.S. there might be a speed/inside bias sprinting on the turf. Once it starts up there, it continues for weeks.
Do you really feel the other 2 influence that many, now we all know how good Andy is, but the other 2 could never get me to change my mind, and how long was that 10 horse in race 7 scratched, what a foool I feel like, putting up a Pick 4 to a scratched horse as a single, too busy...


we could go 2 / all / 10 that might work, not that I am wagering today, as I will now win bet as I promised on here I would do, but I can still post my picks here anyway

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #30
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Do you really feel the other 2 influence that many, now we all know how good Andy is, but the other 2 could never get me to change my mind,
The other two mimic Andy and someone new to the game would probably buy into it. I guarantee you that over 95% of those trip handicapping are focusing on trouble.

In the meantime, I've gone completely COLD. I have so much outside work that I just can't focus on betting.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monday, August 3, 2009 clore1030 Selections 47 08-03-2009 06:12 PM
Sunday -- August 2, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 101 08-02-2009 06:20 PM
Wednesday -- March 4, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 31 03-04-2009 05:08 PM
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 clore1030 Selections 54 02-11-2009 04:29 PM
Wednesday August 27, 2008 alydar_ David Selections 13 08-27-2008 02:34 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.