Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
Rverge
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pittsburgh, now! Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,531
#3 in the 1st (i hope)
__________________
i love every single minute of life, and, if one is lucky,then you must give it to others.
Rverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #12
tleusin
Grade 1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 117
hate this race and would not touch it----If the 6 does not take it all the way around I think the 1 wins it
and a straight tri of 1-8-5
tleusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
Bill Lyster
Grade 1
 
Bill Lyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,498
Pool oddity or some strange goings-on

With less than 7 minutes left the pick three payoff for the 2 is $32 and the nearest other horse is over $460. Win odds are 15/1. Major pick three $ and perhaps some late win money to come!!!???

This is almost like Turf Paradise. Last week I saw a horse that I liked at 22/1. By the time I bet it, it was 17/1 and during the race the odds dipped to 8/1. My horse won going away, but I'd've liked 22/1 vs 8:1. Weird stuff and small pools.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 678
Sorry but I could not decide until about 2 MTP I felt that since #6 always made
it to the 2Call - stretch and if he didn't fade he had a good chance...so I placed a small
one. I was lucky this time.

Ernie
Attached Images
 
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikesal;, Ernie and all who had good work!

That is Hat's FPLR longshot spot play laid out on spades in both the 8 month update thread and elsewhere. Also throw in a TWO call FIGHTER out of that FPLR race

Check it out men

12/1 for those who jumped in
Attached Images
  
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #16
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Wow very nice guys. Good for you
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #17
Sekrah
Maiden
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
Hi guys, new to paceandcap.com and RDSS. Why are we using the 6 here?
Sekrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #18
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrah View Post
Hi guys, new to paceandcap.com and RDSS. Why are we using the 6 here?
Morning and welcome here!
Before I jump in maybe Mikesal or someone familiar with what I mentioned above can chime in and give you some feedback ok?

The "8 month update" thread I spoke of can be found here in Mr. Bradshaw;s Hat Check Forum:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951

Again welcome and I will wait to see if others chime in before commenting
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #19
TPace
AlwNW1X
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
Welcome Sekrah

Richie can give you the full perspective, but I will chime in my views.

Richie posts races periodically that help Matchers hone their skills. The races I have seen lately, that have been posted, are sometimes ugly races that most handicappers would not enjoy. Richie has taken lessons learned from The Hat and found races, such as the 6 from yesterday, and incorporated the lessons previously posted. This helps us identify great opportunities to improve our craft and also profit.

The particulars of this lesson were not only the fplr concept, but also using and trusting your intuition and other "Hat" characteristics to fully see how a race will unfold. Many times it's obvious after the fact--but what will you choose and bet before the race is run?

For me in particular, these are great and generous opportunites given by Richie to help us. I am also relatively new here and have participated in only a few of these so far. I did well in the first, but this one I did not fully trust the "voodoo" aspect of the Match Up. I am expecting that to come in time.

I hope that this helps illuminate why Richie is posting these, but I expect and hope that others fill in the blanks, as my perspective is new and definitely not the full picture.
TPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
Great matching to everyone who had Lyka Card Shark!
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Penn - Thursday - 6f RichieP Matchup Discussion 11 01-17-2010 12:40 AM
Anyone working through Penn or Mnr tonight? sq764 RDSS 3 04-11-2009 05:46 PM
Thursday -- January 29, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 38 01-29-2009 05:22 PM
penn national Rverge Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 0 12-03-2008 05:25 PM
Other tracks -- Thursday, Aug. 28 alydar_ David Selections 6 08-28-2008 02:16 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.