Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 12-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #31
RichieP
Grade 1

Race result

Here is the result of the race.

No chicanery,omissions or skulduggery as you just saw.

Just some RAW in your face matching of horses Jim Bradshaw style.

THIS is Jim "the Hat" Bradshaw's matchup.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #32
RichieP
Grade 1

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Rich, if the designated early horse can not go all the way then it is an OTE race.

I am thinking the #7 horse takes the lead away from the #2 horse by the half mile in something like 1:13.2/5ths which might be a little too fast but he is definitely not letting the #2 horse run the half in 1:14 and change. This is my basis for wining this race with now the # 10 horse because again the #7 horse has run too fast to put away the #2 horse. Even if the #7 horse were to run the half in his more seemingly comfortable 1:13 and 3/5ths the #10 horse with his solid power line and power move in his 5th pace line should blow right by him.

The #10 horse in his 5PL back ran a nice race against a 1:11.3/5ths with a first call time in the 8.3F race of 46.0 so he is a P that can stay comfortably close at today’s project numbers and pounce at the half to win the race. In addition as support the #10 horse in his 7th race back in the slop showed that he can stay close at today’s projected pace.

The only question that could remain for me would be conditioning, and forgive me for bringing this up, but his 2nd race back IMF and his last race of running within 3.5L to the half suggest some good form. I would consider the #10 horse without this form consideration but since it is there why not mention it.

Thanks,
Robert
TREMENDOUS work Robert.

The ONLY thing we need to focus on when going deep in pp's for a power line: Is the horse still a horse looking at his last couple of races.

Robert you did this race pretty much solo and NEVER used or worried about that dreaded word - ADJUST

May I ask if this was a good experience for you?

Also while we are here let me drop some of Hat's favorite tracks on you to consider ok?

1) Philly
2) Delaware
3) Aqueduct
4) Belmont
5) Saratoga
6) Calder
7) Gulfstream
8) Churchill
9) Turfway
10) Fair Grounds

Richie
Old 12-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #33
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
TREMENDOUS work Robert.

The ONLY thing we need to focus on when going deep in pp's for a power line: Is the horse still a horse looking at his last couple of races.

Robert you did this race pretty much solo and NEVER used or worried about that dreaded word - ADJUST

May I ask if this was a good experience for you?

Also while we are here let me drop some of Hat's favorite tracks on you to consider ok?

1) Philly
2) Delaware
3) Aqueduct
4) Belmont
5) Saratoga
6) Calder
7) Gulfstream
8) Churchill
9) Turfway
10) Fair Grounds

Richie

Wow Rich this definitely was a great experience. You know if you look at my first post this morning I had considered the #11 horse for place. I am not saying this to pat myself on the back but I really felt good about this race. You know the pace lines looming thing.
When I first started with this race the only thing I was thinking was forget about adjustments just let the past performances show me the way and before you knew it the #’s 2, 4, 7, 8, 10, and 11 were talking to me. I really felt good about my observations and win or lose this was always going to be a good experience.
Thanks for this exercise Rich the need to adjust fog hopefully is gone forever. I now know how I feel when I think I am in the MU intuitive state and hopefully again I hope I can pass any race when this special feeling is missing.
I have played and mostly like all of Jim’s suggested tracks so now I will concentrate my best efforts when they are running. I definitely love Belmont and Saratoga for which I still visit religiously at least on one of the weekend dates when they are running, weather and family permitting.
Thanks again,

Robert
Old 12-07-2007, 11:06 AM   #34
RichieP
Grade 1

Practice race #2

Here is another race emailed me by a member here.

Let's take this step by step.This time I will wait a couple days between steps if folks want to participate.

Here are the pp's and tandems shown for the field.

Step 1 - Identify running styles of the horses and post them here.
E- Early
Ep - Early press
P - Press
S - Sustained
Nothing else please.
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 12-07-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #35
RichieP
Grade 1

Practice race #2

continuing with pp's
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #36
simon
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Here is another race emailed me by a member here.

Let's take this step by step.This time I will wait a couple days between steps if folks want to participate.

Here are the pp's and tandems shown for the field.

Step 1 - Identify running styles of the horses and post them here.
E- Early
Ep - Early press
P - Press
S - Sustained
Nothing else please.
Thank you
I was not able to do the last race
Thanks for doing another for us and giving some more time
Old 12-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #37
mufasa
Grade 1

1. Well Documented: E
2. S.S. Crafty: P
3. Game of Skill: EP
4. Kid Hendrix: S
5. Smoke’n Review: E/P (if needed)
6. Nine Positives: P
7. Proudly Pyrite: P
8. Brooker D: P/EP (if needed)
Old 12-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #38
simon
Grade 1

Running Styles

1 Well Doc Early
2 S.S Craft Presser
3 Game of Skill EP
4 Kid Hendrix NF
5 Smoken Rev Early
6 Nine Positive Presser
7.Proudly Pyrite EP
8.Brooker Sus

RK
Old 12-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #39
mufasa
Grade 1

Rich, are we still working this race? Next is PL's right? Or can we give PL's with some opinion on the running of the race to include choices?

Thanks,
Robert
Old 12-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #40
simon
Grade 1

lost

Rich
I am lost with the power lines
because of the turf and stretchouts
can you help me get started
RK