Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 05:40 PM   #51
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Thanks Bill

Today a little nervous as I had not enough to go on, but this contest requires you to wager, so today I will go with the 1st 2 again

#11 and #6


50.00 to win



#3 # 4 #5 and #7 worry me, the 5 is really the most unknown here and shown the ability to enjoy different surroundings, and the 3 and 4 are just palin ol scary...

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #52
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
I feel stronger about this now

6 , 11 over the 3, 4, 5, 7

Both are M/L longshots, 20-1 and 12-1 and may move up too

I also will cover myself with an 8/ 3, 6, 7, 11 , but a contest is just that, but still...

My cojones are not big enough to go 100 to win on the 6 , just yet , or the 7 either

I feel the 7, even thou done at GG has the fastest times at the distance on turf


7 to win 100, shoulda been the bet, see what 2nd guessing does to you, my originals will all stand as played these are more in depth capping, rtaking the gut feeling , 1st glance thingy out of the equation and looking at the cold facts, ( the Numbers) ,and then picking, let's see how I do today....

7 and 8 , then 5 and 3 all have numbers to beat my picks, and if SR was the number to use then # 7 wins handily, if class , then #8 as he has run in a few big ones, but if neither of them matter, then maybe the 6 and 11, both needing the race of their lfe to pull this off, could get it if things fall into place, slow pace, and triaffic problems for the 8 and we could do it, okay...


patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #53
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Okay here is the screens with and withput the #8 in them
Attached Images
  
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #54
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
I feel stronger about this now

6 , 11 over the 3, 4, 5, 7

Both are M/L longshots, 20-1 and 12-1 and may move up too

I also will cover myself with an 8/ 3, 6, 7, 11 , but a contest is just that, but still...

My cojones are not big enough to go 100 to win on the 6 , just yet , or the 7 either

I feel the 7, even thou done at GG has the fastest times at the distance on turf


7 to win 100, shoulda been the bet, see what 2nd guessing does to you, my originals will all stand as played these are more in depth capping, rtaking the gut feeling , 1st glance thingy out of the equation and looking at the cold facts, ( the Numbers) ,and then picking, let's see how I do today....

7 and 8 , then 5 and 3 all have numbers to beat my picks, and if SR was the number to use then # 7 wins handily, if class , then #8 as he has run in a few big ones, but if neither of them matter, then maybe the 6 and 11, both needing the race of their lfe to pull this off, could get it if things fall into place, slow pace, and triaffic problems for the 8 and we could do it, okay...


patrick
There is a super in there, but I lost on my gut feelings today, shoulda put 100 on Col John , but there was no value, what would y'all have done.

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #55
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Could the 3 be the single play here, as she should be the winner, but the odds are too low, may be post time fav too , I have a few lines since this a G2 race, so a little lee way here.

Need help here, as the 5 and 6 seem the 8 and 9 too as some value plays , but the 3 should win as the Colonel did yesterday, but he was the fav , no value, and again today I see the same thing, what to do, any ideas...
Attached Images
    
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #56
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
okay I know I'm here everyday, but this contest is 1 race a day, normally the feature race of the day, I try my best and post my thoughts here for all to see and comment on, and you all helped me , a little here and there, it helped, I do listen, the link to the contest is here... just click on contest for the race, or the next days race, and I think you can even look me up and see how I'm doing

http://www.dmtc.com/

Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 08-01-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #57
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Okay lets just go for broke with this tourney, because I feel the only way to win will be to bet a value play each day for 100.00, no breakdowns, not 50.00 win on 2 horses, except maybe when both are over 20-1, maybe...any thoughts here, am I doing the right thing here, I THINK SO, hope so , and will start today....
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #58
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
100.00 to win on the 6 , not the 5 or the 8

Probable winners 3 and 9, but value bets is above


Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #59
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
total energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Okay lets just go for broke with this tourney, because I feel the only way to win will be to bet a value play each day for 100.00, no breakdowns, not 50.00 win on 2 horses, except maybe when both are over 20-1, maybe...any thoughts here, am I doing the right thing here, I THINK SO, hope so , and will start today....
Hi Pat ..
This is just my way to think . You are doing so well
Your betting two horses and your confident.
The skill your showing here, from what I can follow has improved your
overall outlook on many things. I for one hope you stick to what you have been doing. You need to make your own mind up and do what will make you happy.
A confident happy winner In my eyes can with stand the cyclic nature of horse racing
The $100 win betters broke out early,
Will they be able to have enough entropy to go the distance?
When you bet two horses you have two win chances..
contest aside
Take a look at that guy in the drivers seat looking back at you in the rear view mirror. If I was you I'd say stay on the roads you know best

Last edited by Bill V.; 08-01-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #60
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Okay Bill, maybe you're right, as I too was thinking to stay the course, bet 2 horses , go for the next best in value, almost like I have been doing, then maybe when and only when I have a strong play , then single, like yesterday with Col. John, he was the single play, but I went for value...


Today the 3, 9 and 4 are the top 3 to choose from, they are

4 5/2

3 7/2

9 9/2


And the play shoulda been 3 and 9 ,50 to win

Tomorrow, back to basic's, and will go the route the Turtle took, slow an easy, one step at a time, thanks


THANKS


Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free BRIS Contest -- Saturday, Mar. 21, 2009 alydar_ David Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 11 03-22-2009 12:21 PM
TrackMaster -- Limited Free Access alydar_ David General Discussion 1 01-16-2009 12:50 PM
11/22 - Ts/Bris free contest RichieP Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 7 11-24-2008 10:30 AM
Free TVG Contest for Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship Turbulator Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 32 10-05-2008 01:26 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.