Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

Need help on RDSS to get started

Hi, Ted Craven, or anybody

Yesterday, Sunday, Jan. 29, 2012, after TrackMaster Registration, for download I selected Fair Grounds Race Cards, but now, I don't know where to go to find the Working RDSS Database and access this file to start analyzing. NO Demo Database as yet. Nothing happens at RDSS Data Centre. Please let me know.

Thanks for your help,

Ernie M.
Maiden
Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
mikesal57
Grade 1

Ernie...

can you give us a screen shot like this
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

Reply to mikesal57 01/30/12

Hi, Mike

I need your steps to follow on how to make a screen shot like PRX, where to get the image and where to send it. This is my first attempt to make a screen shot honest.

Thanks for your help,

Ernie M.
Maiden
Old 02-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ernie,

We exchanged a few emails on this, both regarding your initial Fairgrounds card issue, and on how to make screen captures and attach them to posts.

Are you still having any troubles getting race cards to appear for handicapping, or is this resolved?

You also asked what you were supposed to do (if anything) when the PaceandCap system sends you an email that someone has made a reply in a thread you posted to (Note: I moved these above posts from another thread in the Handicapping forum specifically about NewPace - this request of yours has more to do with getting RDSS up and running, and how to post images in your messages).

You don't have to do anything when someone else posts in a thread you have posted to. The email is for your information, and you may wish to login to PaceandCap and make a reply, or at least read it and see if thee are any images or other pertinent attachments. You should NOT respond to the email you receive from the PaceandCap system - the only one who would read it is ME! Instead, login to Paceandcap by following the link in the email, and reply there, online.

Hope this helps. And for public reference, here again is advice I sent you, and a link to a video about capturing screenshots and making attachments to messages:
'You could do a Google Site Search (use the Google link in the upper left edge of the website menu) using search terms like ‘post images’ or ‘attach images’, or ‘screen capture’

Here is a video someone made some time ago on screen capture and image attachments to messages:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3208
Good luck!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 02-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

Smile Getting race cards is resolved

Hi Ted,

To watch and listen the video (duration: 1hr-30min.)
www.SartinMethodology.com/media/factor_primer1.wmv
I get sm factor primer WO062508-1
After the Video finished, I double click on RDSS Desktop icon
Then, I click (-) Past, double click 01/29/12, then I click the track FG. Bingo.
I selected the 10th Race to start the Analysis or Handicapping.
For this moment, I close the 10th race screen, and close RDSS Data Centre. Then, Please confirm: Do you want to exit RDSS? Yes or No.

Many Thanks, Ted.

Ernie M.
Maiden
Old 02-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

RDSS Evaluation put to a test

Hi Ted,

Earlier on Fri., Feb. 3, 2012, I downloaded the track PRX race cards:
I get on the screen of RDSS Data Centre, RDSS Beta Version: 0.99.2

Workouts failed to update properly for horse: #4 STAR RECRUIT, PRX Sat. Feb. 4, 2012 in Race 8, 6 Fur Dirt.
Please forward this information to Ted. Then, I press OK to continue.

Can I get something out on this one?

Thanks,

Ernie M.
Maiden
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSartinLearner View Post
Workouts failed to update properly for horse: #4 STAR RECRUIT, PRX Sat. Feb. 4, 2012 in Race 8, 6 Fur Dirt.
Please forward this information to Ted. Then, I press OK to continue.
Ernie,

Don't worry about that message!

That message about workouts in RDSS V0.99.2 is benign and does not affect anything in your readouts. It was a problem with erroneous data received from TrackMaster/Equibase regarding workouts which has been resolved a while ago for the upcoming release of RDSS2.

Sorry to bother you with that, but thanks for the report! Hope you had a good day at Philly!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™