Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
dandy68
AlwNW2X

contest at AQU and other questions

i have registered at paceadvantage and my user is the same, dandy68, but i changed the password for that site. now how do i vote on the Poll so i can give RDSS2 my choice as a handicapping ?: i tried to "reply" but the site would not let me reply.
also, being from the backward state of Texas, I cannot wager online for other tracks in US and Canada; they call it here in Texas--In person wagering law.
does anyone know if online Contests, such as the AQU inner track pick four that pay real money for winner, 2nd and 3rd, are allowed in Texas?

Also Ted, you had mentioned last Oct. or Nov. that new updates would include a new feature that would allow making a personal race card made up of a player's favorite type of races (Turf Routes, Dirt Sprints, Etc.), have you thought of proceeding with that idea?
dandy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dan, if you have successfully registered at PA (i.e. you can login), then you should be able to both Reply and Vote in the Poll in that thread (Commercial handicapping software tools): http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=125297

If you can do neither, it is a pretty good sign you are not logged in. You would have received an email from the Admin saying you are registered (and if you haven't received it, your email provider might be the source of initial delay as, like P&C, they get a lot of SPAM from some major free email providers and tend to ignore it unless 'poked'. Let me know if you need help with that).

Otherwise, I see no reason why you cannot post. If you also are contemplating joining that PA AQU Pick 4 Contest, it is probably getting close to the wire to get in 10 days play to qualify for prizes (given the occasional winter cancellations) - but come on down, if only for the experience! You DO qualify for the RDSS bonus prizes if you finish in the Top 3, so a chance for $350 total (though you may have to fight off several other RDSS players)! Once you can login to PA, just post your picks according to the format and rules given in that Contest, in the daily thread provided.

Re paying online contests open to Texans (or anybody) - check out www.Derbywars.com. Cash prizes. Various kinds of contests, daily, with different entry fees and limits on competitors. Here are discussions about Derby Wars, both on P&C and PA:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10321
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=127181

Also, the ultimate in Contests the annual NHC National Handicapping Championship in Vegas, starts today and runs through Saturday: http://www.ntra.com/nhc/nhc-rules/ Too late for this year ;-) but you can follow along the mandatory races and compare your skills. There is a whole online and live series of qualifier tournaments throughout the year (including on Derby Wars) and a Tour (like a pro-golf or pro-poker tour). There are usually a couple of RDSS players there, though I don't always know who.

For some interesting reading on someone with high skill level, check out posts at PaceAdvantage.com by Vic Stauffer ('v j stauffer'), former race caller at Hollywood for many years and now largely a Contest player rather than a pari-mutuel bettor.

Perhaps there is a 'silver lining' in every perceived darkness: like the Cubans who maintain fabulous 1950's Chevy's in vintage condition because they couldn't get other cars and parts for decades, perhaps it is the opportunity of Texans to excel at Contest Play rather than pari-mutuel wagering (at least until sanity prevails - it will, won't it )

Good luck,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
rmath
Grade 1

Races

Ted, where are the 8 mandatory races posted at?

Thanks
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
Ted, where are the 8 mandatory races posted at?

Thanks
Via the magic of Google: 'nhc 2016 mandatory races thursday':

NHC Mandatory Races – Thursday

NHC Mandatory Races – Thursday, January 28
Track and Race #, Post time (PT)

Aqueduct 6, 12:20 p.m.
Oaklawn 4, 12:52 p.m.
Oaklawn 5 , 1:19 p.m.
Fair Grounds 7, 2:23 p.m.
Gulfstream 11, 2:35 p.m.
Oaklawn 9, 3:10 p.m.
Santa Anita 6, 3:30 p.m.
Santa Anita 7, 4:00 p.m.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-28-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

https://www.ntra.com/nhc-mandatory-races-thursday/

R
DSS -
Old 01-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #6
rmath
Grade 1

Thanks

Thanks Ted.
I will play along to test my skills.
At least 3 are on my possible play list already.

Rmath
Old 01-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #7
rmath
Grade 1

Aqu

Race6 Aqu.
Play is the 6
Also like the 7 & 14 , but the odds on the 6 are too good to pass up
Old 01-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #8
barb craven
Grade 1

Congratulations to The Pook, mezmac and mowens33 - all cashers in the Early Pick 4 today! No on cashed a ticket in the Late Pick 4.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote