Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 11-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
Rverge
Grade 1

derby wars

Hi Ted..Think you beat me over at the PA derby War tourney. i finished 40 place. was as high as 17th for a while.
Rverge
Old 11-28-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rverge View Post
Hi Ted..Think you beat me over at the PA derby War tourney. i finished 40 place. was as high as 17th for a while.
Rverge
Hi Chef, yes I saw you there! I finished 23rd of 141. Congratulations on your top 3rd placing! I see that some entrants finished with $0.00 dollars so I have to think they did not even participate.

Of course, I could have picked up a few more dollars on good favourites instead of swinging for longshots. Still not in top 10 though. It was fun, I may try again!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
Rverge
Grade 1

thanks Ted i may play again for a buck or two
Old 11-28-2015, 11:30 PM   #4
mowens33
Grade 1

Finished 43rd
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:42 AM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

looks like fun

I am late to the party . I just went to Derbywars
for the first time . I see that you have to just pick 1 horse w/p or surviour contest
but what about bettng two horses to win ?

Am I fooling myself ? Are people entering the same contest with different names and covering multiblle horses ?

confused in NJ
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #6
Rverge
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
I am late to the party . I just went to Derbywars
for the first time . I see that you have to just pick 1 horse w/p or surviour contest
but what about bettng two horses to win ?

Am I fooling myself ? Are people entering the same contest with different names and covering multiblle horses ?

confused in NJ
Bill
i dont think one can do that Bill V. there are many games, some for a buck. i have points i can use. dont know how i got them as i signed up a few years ago but never played till yesterday
Rverge
Old 11-30-2015, 06:55 AM   #7
DontSayDont
Grade 1

Are people entering the same contest with different names and covering multiple horses?

Bill,

On Derby Wars there are many contests that you can enter (with one name) and purchase multiple entries.

In Derby Wars survivor games, I know you can purchase 3 entries and I believe some even let you purchase more than that. Still the survivor games have a low purchase cost (I entered one for $4 per entry and purchased only one entry) and a high number of players (about 400 if I recall correctly.) I was eliminated on the final race.

I believe that is the rule on other sites that offer MONEY entries as well.

There are some FREE Handicapping Sites where people are circumventing the one entry per person rule. Households are supposed to be able to have up to 3 persons enter from one IP address. These are being played by one person having 3 entries, just using different names as if he was he, his wife and an eligible child.

I believe there is a possibility that one player may be using as many as 6 entries by also having 3 entries from two different IP address, such as home IP and office IP. It has not been confirmed. Still where there is money to be won, there will be people who put the winning of money way above the winning of the handicapping challenge and being able to say they were able to beat X amount of players and received a JUST payment for their work.

Ray
DontSayDont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:57 PM   #8
Latekick
Grade 1

Coming down to the wire and i have the lead in this 5k game.
If anyone is watching EVD, i have a very weak opinion in the last to close out the contest, id like to see what others see here.
In the lead with 2 races to go in this 5k game.
Attached Images

Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #9
Latekick
Grade 1

Got it done, won the 5k game.
Attached Images

Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:28 AM   #10
Bill V.
The egg man

wow

That is fantastic I have to ask myself, Why are you asking about 2 run of the
races at Church Downs on a Tuesday afternoon , Then winning $5000 on Weds night, Just kidding, Obviously you are in a class with very few with your ability
Congratulations

Most people probably have not won $5000 in the whole betting career.

Good Skill
Bill V.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote