Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-26-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
Seven Furlongs
Grade 1

Old Past Performances

Not sure if there is a thread like this, but I thought it would be neat to collect some of the older past performances of notable or legendary past performances.

Here are Man O' Wars past performances heading in to his match race with Sir Barton:

I hope the Jockey Kummer spared the whip on that race 3rd from the top, the 13 furlong race. Man O' War only won by a mere 100 lengths.
Seven Furlongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
CEW
Grade 1

Very cool to look at ! Almost 100 years ago......Saratoga, Aqueduct, Belmont, and Pimlico on that PP- all still pumping today. One thing that comes to mind when looking at this is how every year around Derby time, the mainstream media (for instance Tim Layden of Sports Illustrated) portrays horse racing as a dying sport. He will no doubt write that again in a few weeks. I wonder if he has ever been to a track? I was at Tampa Bay Downs on a Thursday in February and could barely find a parking place. The Kentucky Derby gets as many attendees as the Daytona 500! Anyway thanks for sharing -

Chuck
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote